RanchoRS9000 HYPE or HIP?

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2000, 02:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question RanchoRS9000 HYPE or HIP?

Has anyone installed RS9000's on their s/c F150 ? How about the in cab adjustment? Is this something that is a real bonus, or something only a magazine editor would notice. I'd like to be able to adjust the ride a little now and then, but don't want to spend the cash if its hardly noticeable. Also anyone with a warn or rancho lift? I want 3" but it seems like everyone offers only 4" thanks CHEERS

Old 07-12-2000, 05:24 PM
Thumbs up

Totally worth it! I have the in cab setup and love it. I am always adjusting them to suit my needs. I also had the Edelbrocks but prefer the Rancho's. And yes, you can absolutly tell the difference in the settings.
Go for them, you won't be sorry!

------------------
97 F-150 Black, 4x4 XLT ext.cab,sb,offroad pack.
4" Susp. lift, 3" body
4.56 gears w/LS,
Flowmaster 50 Series w/ duals out rear
36x14.5x16.5 Super Swampers TSL Radials,
16.5x9.75 Weld Scorpio V wheels,
Pre-Runner Bumper w/KC Daylights,
Westin nerf bars,
Pro-Comp Front Skid Plate,
Summit Aluminum Diff cover,
Rancho 9000's and remote,
Lift Lips,
Lighted FORD logo,
K&N Filter,
Superchip,
Bosch Platinum +4,
TransGo Shift kit,
Bug shield,Tinted windows
Sony ES Mobile head unit,Sony ES Mobile changer,MTX Thunderform sub,Boston Acoustic Pro-Series up front, Polk in rear,PPI & Coustic Amps,Alpine Alarm

Check it out at:
http://members.aol.com/squanto804/scottwebpage.html

Old 07-12-2000, 07:42 PM
yes you can tell the difference. On 5, the firmest setting it feels like there is no suspension. You can chip a few teeth on a rough road. But when towing, it is perfect with the extra weight and very supple. Not as harsh with another 2000lbs towing.

On 1 it is like a lincoln. On my ranger I had the 9000s out back. I put them on 1 for around town, and then 5 when I would tow. In a few more paychecks, I am going to pick up 4 9000s for the new F150.

The incab thing is nice, it will take you about 6 hours to install it. It is not hard, just tedious. It works slick as can be. Get the dual one so you can adjust the rear seperately from the from. This is nice when you are towing loads.

Old 07-12-2000, 11:02 PM
Thumbs up

I'll third that! I have 9000's and they are great. Lvl-1 feels very smooth for ANY truck and I havent even tryed lvl-5 yet! Ive only gone up to 3 and its about perfect IMO. Right now im running them at 3 in the front and 2 in the back with a good ride-to-cornering/control ratio. The beauty is you can chenge them with your mood if you want too! Buy them..thank us later

Jason
http://www.jasonshobbyshowcase.homes...asonsF150.html

Old 07-13-2000, 06:30 AM
Talking

Thanks guys! I'm getting pretty stoked about my profit sharing cheque LOL Does the rancho in cab have a compressor? Can it be used to air-up like the ARB? thanks again!

------------------
'97 F150 S/C 4x4 Lariat Black w all the factory toys 4.6 L K&N YUP! 285's next week! Can't wait to get this scanner working so I can show this beauty off *S*

Old 07-13-2000, 10:23 AM
The rancho system does have a compressor. You mount it basically to the frame under the truck. It is most likely too small for an ARB locker. Plus there is really no way to regulate it for the airlocker only. The compressor is on or off. The incab gauages and buttons is how you control the air pressure. With the dual one, you have a bleeder button for the front and rear. You have to run the hoses from the shocks accordingly.

Old 07-14-2000, 11:40 PM
Wink

Thank you all for the information. Does anyone have anything negative to say about the RS9000 system? Has anyone tried the new Rancho RSX? If I keep hearing this positive feedback I will have to install the 9000's on my new supercrew next month. Please keep it comming.

------------------
2001 SuperCrew 4x4 Lariat. Oxford White (No Stickers, Yuck!)
-Unique Alum. Wheels
-BFG 285 R16 ATs
-Billet Grill
-Stainless Werks Nerf Bars
-KC Driving Lights (in Grill)
-Airaid system
-Husky Mats, front & rear
-Husky Mud Flaps
-GPS (on board)
-Wired for phone (no accidents!)

To Come:
-Snug Cap Lid
-Dual Exhuast, Flowmaster
-Poweraid kit

Old 07-15-2000, 07:33 PM
Thumbs up

I got the RSX's on mine and love them. Much firmer and responsive. My buddy has the Edelbrocks on his Toyota and the ride is not as good. I didn't want to spend the extra $$ for the 9000's, so I went for the RSX's over Bilsteins and Edelbrock. No regrets here. It's your choice; RSX or 9000's.

1999 F250 lightduty S/C XLT 4x4
5.4L, 3.73, 4R100 trans.
Poweraid, K&N, Flowmaster, Superchip

Old 07-17-2000, 03:17 PM
Talking

I have also been considering the RS9000's. You guys have sold me. Thanks.

Old 07-17-2000, 09:26 PM
I'm just gonna second what everyone else has said about the 9000's....they were definately worth the money. The remote was easy to install, but it took a LONG time. I mounted my compressor under the hood. I bolted it to the firewall behind the fuel injection. Now that I have the remote installed, I'm glad I bought it....it is just really cool and the remote looks awesome on the dash.

------------------
'97 F150 4x4 Off-Road Extended Cab Lariat Flareside white/tan, tan leather, 4.6, 3.55

Duraliner bedliner, Husky floormats, Custom seatcovers (I only cover the leather when I'm really dirty, though), Premier single-lid toolbox

Gibson 2.5" split-rear exit cat-back exhaust, K&N Air Filter, Rancho RS9000's (dual remote finally installed)

http://ocu-stars.okcu.edu/cvenable.stu/index.htm#b

Old 07-18-2000, 09:00 PM
Lightbulb

Based on your comments I'm adding my name to the list of future byers. Looking thru some magazines I noticed that Rancho has a "buy 3 get 1 free" sale every so often (last one ended June 30th as far as I can tell). Is anyone outthere selling 4 RS9000s for the price of 3?

Old 07-19-2000, 09:23 AM
Question

I'm sold on the RS9000s as well, but I've got a question: If I would decide to not go with the in-cab controls, how would I adjust the shocks? Is there a standard Schrader valve on them, or how do they work?
Thanks!

Old 07-19-2000, 10:13 AM
The 9000s have a 5 position **** on them stock. This is how you adjust them. Get out and turn the ****.

Now if you get the remove system, you replace the **** assembly with like a valve stem assembly and plumb the lines to the main cab controller.

We setup up the dual incab controller on a friends 91 4runner. The place below the center dash where the floor vents come out, that black molding like the F150s have, well we drilled it out to accept the kit. Looked trick! Like it was factory! But really the incab was not used a lot. You set the shocks and then leave them. I ran some 9000s on my ranger and around town I set them to 1. Then when towing, I would set the back to full stiff at 5. Takes 30 seconds to adjust them.

Old 07-20-2000, 07:01 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Reading all the posts made me do it. I went out this morning and had Rancho 9000's installed. I would have done the install myself but they only wanted $10 for each shock. I figured all I had read about the rear shocks made it worth the price of the install. Running on #3 for now. I think I will try #4 on the front and #3 on the rear for better flat cornering.

No good deals on the price. I guess that was last month but when you want to play you have to pay.

------------------
97 F-150, 2WD, Reg Cab,Flareside,Dk Toreador Red, Windsor 4.6, Magnecor 8.5mm wires, Bosch Plat +4s, 3.55 LS, EGR Bug Deflector, ******* Bed Cover, Bed Liner, XL Full Length Running Boards, Air Aid Kit, Gibson Single Out Cat Back, Superchips, TransGo Shift Kit, Hellwig Rear Sway Bar, Hellwig 2500# Overload Springs,Energy Suspension Polyurethane Front Sway Bar Bushings, Rancho RS9000 shocks

Quick Reply: RanchoRS9000 HYPE or HIP?