new Rancho 4" Lift for 2WD!...the good and bad

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2000, 09:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking new Rancho 4" Lift for 2WD!...the good and bad

Well, we 2WD folks have another choice for lifts now! Rancho now has a 4" suspension lift available and its shweet! It includes spindles,coils,brake lines, rear blocks and A-arm relocaters. I went for a long ride in a SuperCrew with Ranchos new 4" lift + a 3" bodylift with 35" BFG AT's and I was impressed! The ride quality is topnotch..atleast as good as stock,probably better. Cornered nice and flat and swallowed bumps nicely (shocks were RS9000's). Just when I was ready to give Rancho a "hail almighty!!" I was HIT with the price. This kit will cost ya $1000 for only 4" of lift. I cant exactly say it isnt worth tho,the ride quality was awesome. Also, this is the hot ticket for clearing 35's when a 3" bodylift is added...NO rubbing. Its an awful lot to pay for only 4" but it really is a nice design. Just thought Id let everyone know.

DS

------------------
2000 F150 XLT SC 4x2, 5.4L auto, 3.55 LS, Med Toreador solid, Med Graphite int,pwr everything except seat, CD player...Added so far=Stull grill,tinted windows,keyless entry/alarm

Im such an ***...

[This message has been edited by DirtSlinger (edited 05-19-2000).]

[This message has been edited by DirtSlinger (edited 06-10-2000).]

Old 05-22-2000, 02:34 PM
That is a painful price. My thoughts are to go with the 3 inch spindles, maybe 2 inch coil spacers, and block the rear end. I don't mind a harsher ride up front with the spacers. I think it needs to be stiffer anyway. But thats when I can afford to drop a little cash. Coil spacers first and then it all in good time.

Bones

------------------
2000 F-150, XLT, 4X2, Ext. Cab, S/B, 4.6L, 3.55 L/S, Tow Package, Sony CDX-C7050X Head Unit, 6.5' Sony Three Way Speakers In Each Door. Hopefully An Amp And 12' Sub Soon.

Future Mods: NONE, I'm broke.

Old 05-29-2000, 06:27 PM
Cool

I don't know where to look for the Rancho lift. Does anyone have an online site I could check out? Thanks in advance.

Quick Reply: new Rancho 4" Lift for 2WD!...the good and bad