Springs or Control Arms?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2000, 07:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Springs or Control Arms?

I'm new to this site, but it looks like the PLACE! Anyhow...I have a 2000 F150 2wd SC Sport(640mi.) and was wondering if you can maintain correct alignment with -2" coils or are dropped control arms needed. I've also acquired a set of springs that were removed from a dropped 97 F150 2wd. They are a medium blue with a yellow paint splotch(spring rate?). Any ideas what manufacturer these might have come from? Thanks for the help. CYA around

Old 02-10-2000, 08:30 PM
Cool

i have a -3" drop with springs ..allyou'll need is an alignment,and shocks...not sure on the color ??? my roush coils are med. blue and so are ford motorsport......

------------------
pacific green 97 f150 4.6l..reg cab flareside 150XLT ,ROUSH suspention down 3 fr and3.5rear with BILSTIEN shocks,3.55LS,snug lid,carpeted bed, painted tailight accents,4x4 grill &bumper,k&n,SUPERCHIP(THANX MIKE),poweraid,ram air kit,valvoline synthetic,accel super stock wires,platinum plus4 plugs,flow master muff,blue halogen bulbs, speed-glo dash,carbon fiber gauge accent,..."#6 sticker!!!!"
STEREO:eclipse head unit ,boston seperates ,orion amp, pioneer amp,2-orion 12's,custom box by me!,sony adjustable crossover,1 farad cap&way to many cd's

Old 02-10-2000, 08:55 PM
Talking

I knew this looked like a good forum. Thanks to Roushfan-1 for the quick reply. And GO Mark Martin!! See ya. Thnx again :-)

Old 02-11-2000, 08:20 PM
I'm droppin' the Expedition this weekend. I'm using a (2/4) 2" lower A-arm in the front and a 4" coil spring in the back. I went with the front lower A-arm so I can still use the factory front springs. From what I understand, is that you wont lose much factory ride using the factory springs.

------------------
99 4x4 XLT supercab 5.4L Flareside, Deep Wedgewood Blue/Med. Graphite w/Captain Chairs, Pioneer DEP-4000, Tint, K&N, Bedliner, 3" Catback w/3 Chamber Flowmaster, 285/75/16 BFG A/T on American Racing Python wheels, Stull Billet Grill, Clear Corner Lenses.

'00 Expedition XLT, Silver w/Dark graphite interior, 5.4L, Stull Billet Grill and some other stuff. All in all she'll stay stock. Ok, maybe a Flowmaster 50 series soon.

Quick Reply: Springs or Control Arms?