the handling has gone away 2

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2000, 09:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post the handling has gone away 2

I just read the posting by wilwilky and JB, about the sensitivity of alignments with our trucks. I have had my truck aligned 3 times so far. And it only has 27K on it. I keep having troubles with feathering on the tires, thus the reasoning for the alignment. Each time the toe has shifted a lot. The technicians at the dealership that have worked on the truck. Are compentent and one's I trust. Hey they take awesome care of my SVT Cobra. But no matter what, this truck just feels like crap on the hiway. It needs constant attention. I keep comparing it to my 89 F150 4x4 with 4 bad balljoints. That old truck in that condition was easier to keep straight.

Other than the alignment issues, what else can you recommend for me to look at. The balljoints, tie rods, etc, are tight. So it's not an obvious mechanical issue.

Thanks
------------------------------------------
98 XLT 4x4 Xcab 4.6 auto stock truck.

Old 01-03-2000, 11:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We have an f-150 4x2 standard cab 4.6 at work that was in a wreck, and they were suppose to straighten the frame but low and behold I dont believe they did. Or if they did they didnt do it completely or correctly because we discovered the same problem. In just the last two months 2 new sets of front tires and everything is is tight and supposedly straight. Who knows...good luck to ya.

------------------
1999 F-150 XLT, Ext.Cab, 5.4L, 3:55 limited slip, 4x2, Bright Torch Red(all color matched-bumpers, mirrors) "Sport" pkg., Tonneau,285/50/17, 3" custom catback, Superchips, Airaid, Lowered 4" rear & 3" front, Herculiner bed lining(self install) AWESOME! Newest E/T at the drags 6/26/99: 14.9sec at 90.4 mph. Billet Badges, Billet Antenna, Removal of "Sport" sticker and door guards. Just added (12/16/99) Billit oval rear view mirror, billit master cylinder cover, and billet third brake light cover.For photos e-mail me at: whtstuff@aol.com OR my web page at Http://members.aol.com/whtstuff/myweb.html

Quick Reply: the handling has gone away 2