Fabtec 31/2 spindel

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2003, 06:46 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fabtec 31/2 spindel

Now that I no a little more about the fabtec 31/2 spindel,I need to no if you must raise the back a little to get that look.I would think after installing the spindel your truck is now level.Need a suggestion.Also can I now get 33's installed.
JOE

Old 03-03-2003, 11:31 AM
Yes you must raise the back of the truck for the truck to sit level after getting the 3.5" spindle lift. I used a 1.5"block and it sits level .. As far as 33's I will getting mine in a couple days. If you have a 4x2 with this spindle lift your truck will set about the same height as a stock 4x4. Most of these guys are fitting 33's. Check out my gallery for pics. Will post pics with the tires when i get them.

Old 03-11-2003, 06:22 PM
I kinda like the way my truck sits,a little higher in the back.So if I wanted to install fabtec's spindel i would put a 2"block inn the rear.Would that be right.This is something that is new to me because I never raised any of my trucks before,they were all 4x4.
Thanks JOE

Old 03-12-2003, 04:53 AM
Good choice.. Lift spindles do much more justice to a 2wd than a body lift. You can put 2.5 inch blocks for a level look or 3 inch to get that rear in higher than the front. You can definately fit 33's, and if your brave and choose the correct offset rims you could actually move up to a 35 with minimal rubbing on sway bar and frame. Some would think thats a little over board but when i was ignorant and had the lift bug I installed 3 body inch and fit 35 with very minimal rubbing, no cutting was required. It all fit on a 2wd! I would never recommend my first setup, but the salesman at my local 4x4 shop convinced me it would all fit and somehow it did.

Old 03-12-2003, 05:00 AM
Most importantly if you order from fabtech make sure they sale you Cast Iron blocks and not the aluminum blocks. My cheap fellow dodge owner had aluminum blocks in the rear and on our first trip out they crumbled and caused his axle to wrap, which broke the leaf springs, and body came crashing down on the rear tires, i can promise it was a costly mess. Ofcourse i teased him about the dodge being the problem but any wise man would know it could happen to anyone.

Old 03-13-2003, 09:32 PM
You might consider a pair of these reverse hangers from AIM

Old 03-18-2003, 01:23 AM
If you get the 3.5 in front and rear the truck will be level and you should be able to run 33's but might have to do a little trimming. I don't understand how you can fit 35's without trimming to me is impossible. On every site I have been at and I am always on a site with guys who live and work in the lifted truck field they say that the only way to run 35's with the 3.5 spindle is with fibergalss fenders and teh proper backspaced rim. Do the 3.5" spindle and 2" block and run 33's.

Quick Reply: Fabtec 31/2 spindel