SuperCrew

Rear Seat Entertainment System

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2002, 01:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rear Seat Entertainment System

Greetings. Has anyone out there installed a ford or an aftermarket over head TV setup. If you got a ford one after the fact how much was the ket? If aftermarket, What kind??? Thanks for any help. A happy turkey day to all.

Old 11-24-2002, 11:24 AM
Ive got the audiovox flip down tv/tuner. Have a vhs and dvd player under the seat. Unit has wireless headphones for the kids, or can go through the stereo. I think you can get similar systems installed for under $1000. Really keeps the youngin entertained on long trips.
Last time we went somewhere he would watch a movie, then sleep.. wake up and eat, watch a movie, then sleep again.. hardly knew he was back there!!

Old 11-27-2002, 10:25 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
This is pretty much impossible if you have a sunroof isn't it? I mean, I know I could mount the LCDs in the headrests or something like that but, I'd prefer something 'flip down' from the roof...

Any suggestions?

RP

Old 11-30-2002, 09:46 PM
Yeah get yourself a decent laptop with a DVD player and a car chargeer. Then set it on the arm rest/ cup holder.

You can get one with headsets or have it wired into the car audio and you'll have a pretty decent screen resolution on a bigger screen than most of the car video systems on the market plus you'll have another computer to surf the web on...

Old 12-01-2002, 08:29 PM
I went to a dealer looking and he said they could put in a rear roof mounted entertainment system with the sun roof and a warranty.

Old 12-02-2002, 06:27 PM
>>>>I had one installed when I bought my truck. I was searching for a SCrew with the factory setup and couldn't find one on any of the lots around here, wasn't really wanting the VHS setup anyway. The dealership recommended this guy who does all their install work and told me that this guy could put in a system for me less than the factory job and most likely a better unit. I had a Blaupunkt DVD-ME1 player installed, it came with a wireless infrared remote. It's a fairly small unit, the installer had a 2000 Nissan Crew Cab and it has an indash storage area under the factory am/fm CD player. He installed the same unit under his radio in his dash. My wife has a 2000 Nissan Crew Cab and knowing how small this area was I didn't think it would fit but after looking at his was impressed. He mounted this one in my SuperCrew under the rear seat on the left side. The monitor is made by Movievision, the system came with the digital wireless headphones and the RF unit. The monitor has an infrared eye receiver on it that works with the Blaupunkt remote control. It has a great picture, can't really say if the monitor is better or worse than many others. Only seen a couple of other units like this one and the picture on this one is as good or better than the ones I'd seen before. I'm extremely satisfied with it and thought it was well worth the price i paid for the system ($1100.00) with the warranty on components and installation for three years. The installer did a great job putting it in.

>>>>Rockpick, yes it will work with the sunroof. That was a concern of mine when I checked on it initially. The installer assured me it would be fine. The overhead monitor was installed with the front edge right at the rear edge of the interior trim on my sunroof. I don't have any picks but will take some in the near future of the install. It looks great and is not a problem with the sunroof. The movievision monitor is a pretty slim unit and doesn't stick down much when the unit is closed and it also gives you a couple more lights in the center of the cab that comes on the monitor frame. Kind of handy since we don't have any in the center with the sunroofs in our trucks. Like one50npump said, just put a movie in, put the headphones on the little one, and you never know they're back there. Best money I ever spent for peaceful travel.

Last edited by JPF1715; 12-03-2002 at 03:47 PM.

Quick Reply: Rear Seat Entertainment System