SuperCrew

Integrated Seat Belt in SuperCrew

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2002, 09:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Integrated Seat Belt in SuperCrew

I have been reading posts on this website for a while now and have had alot of my questions asked and answered by other people. You guys are great and have loads of information.

Now for my question. I have done a search but can't find the answer.

Are the new SuperCrews ('04 and higher) going to have the seat belts still in the "B" pillar?. I am planning on getting an '04 or '05 and I actually dislike the integrated seat belts. Seems that Ford put them in the SuperCabs so that you could access the back seat (and there was no "B" pillar).

Hopefully, Ford will still keep them on the "B" pillar for SuperCrews. I am 6'5" and have yet to sit in a car or truck that had those integrated seat belts comfortably. They dig into my shoulder. I also like how you can adjust the seat belt up and down for different sized people when it is on the "B" pillar.

Anyway, thanks in advance for any information.

Old 11-20-2002, 10:02 AM
I think I can answer this...

The Seat Belts should remain in the pillar for the S'Crews. It is adjustable and as far as I know, will not be moving to the seat.

Chris (ReelWork)

Old 11-20-2002, 10:11 AM
Exclamation FYI

I saw a local news report last night where the integrated seat belt was mentioned. The report was focusing on deaths from failing seat-backs, an issue I was not aware of. Apparently the integrated seat belt strengthens the seat which consequently helps during rear end collisions. According to the report the the NHTSA will be changing the outdated specs from the 1960's next year.

Old 11-20-2002, 01:54 PM
I dont like the idea of intergrated seat belts myself. I would think of it as a weak link. The job of the seat belt is to hold you in place and I have seen many seats riped off there bolts or broken quite badly after a bad crash. Now with the seat belt attached to the seat it would have even more stress especially when you your body is being thrown forward.

Quick Reply: Integrated Seat Belt in SuperCrew