SuperCrew

Newest Mod - Courtesy of GA Power

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2002, 06:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Newest Mod - Courtesy of GA Power

Acid rain has caused the paint on my hood to look like ***** ... Funny thing is my G35 shows no sign of acid rain damage. They both stay outside in the same driveway. Both have been recently waxed. Both are dark blue. I do not know how one gets damaged and the other does not ... anybody else know how????

Has anybody with the Deep Wedgwood blue have a paint problem? I guess my next Ford will be White.

Old 11-14-2002, 09:15 PM
I don't have any scientific evidence to back me up, but it seems to me that darker colored vehicles are more susceptable to damage from acid rain. I have had black and dark blue cars and they both showed early signs of damage. The lighter colored ones that I've owned did not.

No idea why one of yours is doing it and the other is not. Maybe the paint quality?

Old 11-15-2002, 06:36 PM
Funny you mention the DWB color - I was always captain **** with the paint for the 2.5 years I had my '01, but noticed the last few months before getting rid of it that the hood was really showing some acid rain spots in it. I had to buff it several times to clean it all up. BTW- I used 3M professional grade cleaner wax for light oxidation removal... best stuff since hot buttered *******.

jC.

Quick Reply: Newest Mod - Courtesy of GA Power