SuperCrew

Godforsaken auto door lock

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2002, 05:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Godforsaken auto door lock

Followed the procedure to disable this feature in my 2001 with no problems, but my 2003 doesn't seem to want to be disabled. > Has anyone out there successfully disabled the auto-door lock feature in their '03? The procedure from the '01 involved turning the key on/off/etc, but the new procedure for the '03 involves using the keypad.

Thanks for any help... I HATE this feature.

jC.

Old 10-27-2002, 11:02 PM
jCAkers ,

I have an 03 XLT Supercrew and had the annoying auto door lock. I don't have the outside keypad so when I brought my truck in for the first oil change, I had the dealer disable it.

Funny thing is my service manager told me on the phone I could 'do it myself' simliar to what you stated below. I was curious and I spoke to the tech that worked on my truck about it. I asked him if he had to plug her into the puter and he said yep, and that I could NOT have done it myself.

Apparently Ford changed something from the 01's to the 03's. Its probably right up there with that big brother device that's in our trucks too!

I know I babbled, but apparently the fix (for me anyway) was a trip to the dealer.

Good luck!

Jim

Old 10-28-2002, 10:10 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
disabling autolock

Nothing changed - the method is the same for '01s , '02s, & '03s - it just got left out of the Owner's Manual. Here is the procedure:

Deactivating/activating the autolock feature
Before following the procedure, make sure that the ignition is OFF and all vehicle doors are closed.
You must complete steps 1-7 within 30 seconds or the procedure will have to be repeated. If the procedure needs to be repeated, you must wait 30 seconds.
1. Turn the ignition key to ON.
2. Press the power door unlock control three times.
3. Turn the ignition key from ON to OFF.
4. Press the power door unlock control three times.
5. Turn the ignition back to ON. The horn will chirp.
6. Press the unlock control, then press the lock control. The horn will chirp once if autolock was deactivated or twice (one short and one long chirp) if autolock was activated.
7. Turn the ignition to OFF. The horn will chirp once to confirm the
procedure is complete.

Old 10-28-2002, 04:39 PM
There _is_ a procedure in my '03 manual, but that isn't it! Thanks for the info... will try it when I get home.

jC.

Old 10-29-2002, 12:49 AM
You know, I love the resourceful people here. And the procedure for deactivating the autolock just hits the spot. But I can tell you I actually like the autolock. For all its pains, I can finally stop nagging my wife to make sure she locks the doors whenever she's driving the Screw alone.

I'd even like it if the autolock locked the door as soon as you get in and shut all the doors (with manual override of course).

Old 10-29-2002, 07:15 AM
Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts
I have this picture of Buschman waiting for the responses to his instructions. Don't you get the funny feeling he made them up just to see how many of us would try it.
Don't get offended, I copied them, they sound too involved to be made up.
That auto-door lock is a pain, but with two kids, I think I'll leave it till my sanity is about gone, then do the "Buschman" code and disable it.

Thanks,

Old 10-29-2002, 12:29 PM
Talking

Thanks man, the procedure you listed worked like a champ. I remember it as the same one I used back on my '01 (and I think on the '98 as well).

By the way, here's the procedure listed in my '03 owner's manual (page 84) that does NOT work:

1. key off
2. close all doors
3. enter 5-digit entry code
4. press and hold 3/4 key. While holding, press the 7/8 key
5. release the 3/4 key
6. release the 7/8 key
The horn will chirp once when the system has been successfully deactivated. The horn will chirp twice (one short and one long chirp) when the system has been successfully reactivated.
Anyway, thanks for posting the old procedure. My truck no longer treats me like an idiot, and all is good with the world.

jC.

Trending Topics

Old 10-30-2002, 12:20 PM
The autolock would be fine if it also auto UNLOCKED. Lots of GM vehicles autolock then auto-unlock when you stop and put the vehicle in park or turn the ignition off.

Anyone know of a way to get a SCrew to do that?

Old 10-30-2002, 08:30 PM
Buschman,

Thanks for the post. Looks like I outta start asking questions here before going to the dealer! I guess the tech that worked on my truck gave me a good bs line eh?

Old 10-30-2002, 09:24 PM
Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts
Hey Jaguar, Look at the bright side, the tech did you a favor, now you know you can't trust what he tells you, wonder how far up the dealership ladder that goes?

Old 11-01-2002, 09:00 PM
Serotta,

Good point. And I was beginning to think that my dealer's service department was a good one...

Jim

Old 04-18-2004, 03:03 PM
buschman, thank you! your post is still paying "dividends" months later.

as mentioned above, i could not disable the autolock when following instructions in the owner's manual. every freaking day i've wanted to put a gun in my mouth when i instinctively try to open one of the rear door and it's locked.

now i can fully enjoy the value of the truck. i bought the Screw partly because i wanted to have room for other passengers, and partly because i wanted to put the junk i take to the office each in the back instead of the front seat. this autolock b.s. had more or less dimished the value of the latter.

thank you

Old 04-19-2004, 09:57 AM
Cool

yep, it worked-thanks-out bd

Old 04-19-2004, 11:17 AM
Following up on scooksey's question:

Does anyone know if the system can be programmed to un-lock when the vehicle is either shifted into park or turned off?

I like the auto-locks, but hate having to hit the unlock button to get my groceries or kids out of the back seat.

My wife's VW has lots of programming options for her autolocks. One of them is to unlock the vehicle when the car is turned off.

Quick Reply: Godforsaken auto door lock