SuperCrew

Free tires in San Diego area

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2002, 12:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Free tires in San Diego area

I am getting new tires and wanted to do a quick check to see if anyone wants my stock Goodyear 265/70/17s. There the RT/S and there are 5 of them (spare). I'm basically giving them away as its $15 cheaper than the disposal fee.

They have almost 26,000 miles on them so there not new but hey free is free if ya want them.

So post if you have any intrest in them otherwise they will get disposed.

Old 10-24-2002, 02:48 PM
Well my new tires are on order and this offer still stands. Sorry no one seems to show intrest. I know there not the best tires in the world but for anyone with 17" wheels, hey there free!

Otherwise when I get my new tires put on, disposed they go...

Old 10-25-2002, 11:01 AM
D,

Is there still a discount tire in SD? I used to live there and they would take in used tires and pay like $10 each for them. Miss the weather and days at 15th st. beach in Del Mar. Still rent the house out on Del Mar Heights road. Maybe some day I will venture back.

Will(derness)

Old 10-25-2002, 12:09 PM
Yes I think there are still discount tires, but they may be called Evans Tires now.

I will have to call them and find out, thanks for the tip.

I also agree that DelMar is quite nice especially around the part your talking about. Really close to the beach.

Now what the heck are you doing in Texas! Once you come to San Diego you can't leave. At least thats what I though... I'm a native but our population along with prices continue to grow and grow and grow and.....................

-----------------

Ok I just called Discount tires and they will take old tires, but I would have to pay $2 a piece. No one does anything for free anymore much less actually give you money. When you purchase motor oil you pay about 5 cents a quart that you are suppost to get back when you recycle it, well as far as I know no one actaully pays you money for your old oil, if your lucky they will take it for free.

Last edited by dcovell; 10-25-2002 at 12:19 PM.
Old 10-25-2002, 02:00 PM
It was awfully hard to leave. I was 1/4 mile from the beach! But I am a cowboy at heart and was only in Del Mar for high school. Not enough hunting spots out there for me. Came back to the midwest/south for college. I still visit as often as I can. S.D. and the surrounding area is by far the most beautiful place in the country. Lexington, KY is close though (Wife's from there) but without the beach.

You might also be able to give the tires to a charity. They won't charge you and you can write it off on taxes. There are a lot of chariries that would love to have tires for one of their trucks. Just another thought.

Will(derness)

Old 10-25-2002, 05:22 PM
Never thought about the charities, I will have to call around and see if any of them want the old tires. Maybe Father Joe's Villages (big charity in town) could use them and they pick up too.

Thanks for the idea, oh and I was asking for rain, looks like were getting it...

Quick Reply: Free tires in San Diego area