SuperCrew

Real towing mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2002, 10:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Real towing mirrors

Have any of you screw owners been able to find real towing mirrors to replace the factory units?

Old 10-22-2002, 01:12 PM
I looked all over the internet for towing mirrors for my Supercrew. My wife has a lot of trouble seeing behind the truck and trailer while driving, but I don't. I finally went into our local Ford dealer and ordered a pair of the trailer tow add-on mirrors. They fit over the existing stock mirrors and extend out an additional 6 inchs. They independently adjust from the stock mirrors. You should be aware that even when fastening them down tightly, that you will get mirror vibration. Just enough to be annoying when driving. Other than that, I am satisfied with them.
I think I saw in Performance Products a mirror that replaces the stock mirror that telescopes. But living in Canada, the cost would be almost double for me. Hope this helps

Old 10-22-2002, 01:23 PM
Towing Mirrors for screw

I am aware of the mirrors offered by Performance. They are made by a company called Cipia. I purchased a pair for my "150" and discovered to my dismay that they would not fit. Upon further investigation I found out that Ford put the Expedition doors on the screw and that is why the mirrors would not fit. I too have the slide on mirrors, but I continue to hope for the real thing. Surely its out there somewhere.

thanks for the reply
John

Quick Reply: Real towing mirrors