SuperCrew

Advice on adjusting headlights

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2002, 11:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Advice on adjusting headlights

I just torqued up the front of my truck and want to re-aim the headlights to keep from blinding people as I have the SilverStars and there pretty bright.

Anyone who has done this is there a trick to aiming the lights? Also is it easy to adjust the beams?

Any advise would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks

Old 10-09-2002, 02:36 AM
I'd like to hear how too, considering on light shines straight out, and the other hits the ground 12 feet out.
TIA

Old 10-09-2002, 06:45 AM
dcovell,

Yippie, yahoo...congratulations dude, you finially cranked up those torsion bars...woooohooooo!!!

Sorry, I can't help you with adjusting the beams per se, but I've done it before by pulling up to a nice wall where the ground is level and adjusting by seat of the pants method. I guess it's better than nothing or at least until you get some kind of specification.

Now, I'd like to see a pic of that truck sitting level, duuuude. PS, since you're from CA, I figured duuuuude was appropriate...Or is that like Sunset Beach or Malibu lingo?

Later,

~DM~

Old 10-09-2002, 08:14 AM
I agree with Daveman. Find a nice level parking lot with a wall at one end. Pull up to the wall with your headlights on. Make a chalk mark (I use the big sidewalk chalk from my kids) on the wall in the center of the beam. Back up fifty yards. Aim your right headlight strait at the chalkmark (or just a little below). Aim your left headlight at the intersection of the ground and the wall (below your chalk mark about four feet. Aiming on a "range" always beats having it done with a "machine".

Old 10-09-2002, 11:57 AM
Cool

Dude is ok by me. Tubular, rightious, and bitchin man all work well too.

Cause ya know us calis talk funny. Too much sun

As soon as I can borrow my brothers digi camera again, I will take some more pics. Also got the Bilstein shocks put on too! Plus the alignment and new brakes on the front.

Old 10-09-2002, 01:03 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Daveman, he's Gnarly Dude...... ooops, no that's the Valley... sorry....

Old 10-10-2002, 06:22 PM
I'M SO HAPPY!!!!!

My wish list is getting smaller and my MODS list is getting bigger!

Soon I will have to look for more stuff to add, maybe headers but I don't know how much bang for the buck they give me.

Trending Topics

Old 10-12-2002, 05:30 PM
Dcovell,

Question for ya on your Bilstein shocks. How do you like em? I had them on my Chevy and they were good, but now I have Rancho's in my 03 FX4 and they seem really good.

Just wanted to know if it was the difference of the truck Ford vs. Chevy or shocks Bilsteins vs Ranchos.

Thanks in advance,

Jim

Old 11-22-2002, 10:23 PM
Question Uh, about the headlights . . .

They don't have the normal adjustment screws, and the manual is NO HELP ("See dealer"), so back to the original question - How do you adjust the headlights?

Old 11-23-2002, 07:56 PM
This may be no help to you at all, but I'll give it a shot. I recently pulled my headlights out to add some strobes so I have a little insight into how they could be adjusted. It looks to me like that you would need a small wrench and use it to turn the back end of the adjusting screws. Get a flashlight and look down behind the headlights to see what I'm referring to. There are 3 of these screws on each light. They look kinda like a threaded rod, but with a square end on them.

Old 11-23-2002, 08:12 PM
Headlights Adjustment

MIsterE I replaced my headlamps with Super White bulbs and had to lower my light pattern. You can adjust your lamps up and down using the 2 upper outter adjustments. Right at the end of the theraded part of the screw. I did this using a small pair of long noise visegrips. CCW brings the lamp up. CW brings them down. If you can not get the adjustment you need you will have to pull the lamp assembly and adjust the lower one right under the upper one. Hope this helps.

Quick Reply: Advice on adjusting headlights