SuperCrew

What should I expect....

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2002, 03:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face What should I expect....

Hey all,

I went and drove a 2003 Supercrew 4X4 Lariat 5.4l and I am in love! My question is what should I expect to pay for this truck with X-plan pricing? The dealer went into the old carnie hustle with me, but I DIDN'T have time to deal with it. Can any of you tell me what you paid for your trucks that are similar?

Thanks!
Chris

Old 09-25-2002, 04:08 PM
Should not be any carnie crap going on - X-plan is a set price - a percentage over cost. If they are hee-hawing around about the X-plan, then I would go elsewhere.

Old 09-25-2002, 07:57 PM
get a good dealer

Find a different dealer. It is amazing that Ford can have dealers that can differ like night and day when it comes to their customer service. I live here in the puget sound and the dealer I bought from is a no ****er sticker dealer. At first im like well no ****er is great if the price is good but most likely it won't be. I was wrong. The dealers 10 miles north or south of the one I purchased from are the carnie types, a true circus when it comes to getting what you want and for a price you know you haven't been suckered on. After experiencing a good dealer I have to say find a good one.
Shane
02supercrew XLT 4X4

Old 09-25-2002, 08:07 PM
Thanks for the help guys, but I think I may have confused you. I didn't even get into talking numbers with this dealer, I was far too fed up with their crap at that point. That is why I was asking how much I should expect to pay, so I wouldn't have to go through the run-around again This dealer has the BEST parts and service, I wouldn't go anywhere else, but their sales department sure lacks! Even worse is this: my current truck is having paint problems for the 3RD TIME! So I tell this salesman to save his breath because I am in the middle of waiting to see what is going to happen with my truck. They might just want to repaint again, and if so I am going to raise some h-e-double hockey stick! I plan on telling them that they are lucky that I even want to buy a Ford again if this is how they do things. Anyways, this salesman tells me I can "Simply" go ahead and buy the 'crew and "they will take care of everything for me, no problem" YEAH RIGHT! I can see it now: Ah, yes sir, well the waranty rep said we can't cover it so you are stuck with both truck payments, but don't worry, our awesome sales manager has approved me to be especially generous with your truck, and we can offer you $1500 for it! Wouldn't suprise me a bit! Needless to say, I said I don't think so. Well, we will see what happens...

Chris

Old 09-26-2002, 06:51 PM
My 2003 FX4 sticker was $38,740, X plan prive was $34,005. As you may already know, X-plan price is set from Ford and is non-negotiable. They should be able to show it to you on the invoice. As far as that dealer having a great service dept, then get all your parts and service done from them but buy your truck elsewhere!

As a general rule, I found X plan to give about a $3,000 to $3,500 discount off the MSRP. Usually this price is within $100 of invoice. If you need more info on x-plan pricing, you can find a wealth of information on this board by using the "search" feature.

Good Luck

Old 09-27-2002, 10:15 AM
go to www.forddirect.com it gives you the x-plan price right there, print it out and take it to the dealer. No arguing there, it also gives you a list of dealers in the your area so you can compare prices before you go...

Old 09-27-2002, 04:27 PM
Talking

So.......basically you guys are awesome as usual! I didn't even know about the Ford Credit site! That gave me exactly what I needed, in the comfort of my own home!! Thanks again everyone!

Chris

Trending Topics

Old 09-27-2002, 04:51 PM
RGONOT said it right. You should be able to get the list of dealers in your area from forddirect.com and then search that particular dealer's inventory. You should be able to find the exact truck you test drove in the inventory and get the x-plan price right from your computer. Print it and take it to them. They either do it or you go to someplace that will. Good luck--some stealership guys are better than others!!!

Quick Reply: What should I expect....