SuperCrew

It Finally Came

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2002, 11:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool It Finally Came

Yesterday, Monday September 16th, my new truck finally made it to the dealership. Picked her up today. But, since my best friend is the Sales Manager, I'm drivin' her around until the end of the month, when Ford will (HOPEFULLY) offer the 0% interest on the 2003 SCrew! If they don't, I'll still get the truck, but this way I might save a little cash. I'm buying it under the D Plan so I'm getting the best deal possible. Will Post Pics Soon!

2003 F-150 SCrew
Lariat FX4
5.4L
3.73 LS
Burgandy Red Metallic/
Arizona Beige Metallic
Med. Parchment Interior
Bed Extender
Chrome Tubular Running Boards

Matt

Old 09-18-2002, 08:39 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
D plan? What the heck is that?

I've heard of A. X. and seemingly one other plan....

What's 'D' plan. I thought 'A' plan was the best that could be had and, the only way to get that was to have a family member working for FORD.... aka: not a dealership.

*confused*

RP

Old 09-18-2002, 10:58 AM
Hey RockPick, I got mine under the "B" plan. Salesman wrote down a price, I rejected it and suggested my own, he acted shocked and said they couldn't make any money on it but he would ask the sales manager, came back with price 500 over my price, I upped it 200 and we made a deal...B for bargaining...

Old 09-18-2002, 12:11 PM
Moderator &

Okay, so there's an explanation for 'B' plan. Still makes me wonder what the 'D' plan is...

Did they trade dogs? Maybe a subtle deal with lumber, perhaps Douglas Fir. Or I suppose it coule be a deal involving diapers.

None the less, I hadn't heard of it and thought I'd ask. Luckily, I'm fortunate enough to have a step-father in-law that worked for Ford and thus, I get A-PLAN.

Really, my best guess was that he meant 'X' plan. Seeing as how the X and the D are along the same keystroke finger.

RP

Old 09-18-2002, 12:27 PM
I am looking at the "Dealers Invoice" on the 03 Screw I purchased and it shows several prices for various "pricing plans" on this purchase. It would appear, and don't hold me to this, that the "D" plan is the exact price Ford charges the dealer for the unit. It is also (naturally) is the lowest price figure on this sheet. The "X plan" is the highest shown and it matches true invoice as compared to Kelly's website.

It would appear your friend got you the truck for his dealership's cost which is less than any employee plans. You have a very good friend who must be high up in the dealership since they made no money off you, and if you drive it for a month, without buying, they will owe Ford one months interest on that SCrew.

Old 09-18-2002, 01:00 PM
I bought my truck on the D-plan also as my brother works as a salesman @ the dealership. I thought it was something like 5% below invoice or some such figure. I don't know what the parameters are as far as assigning someone the pin number, but did watch as my bro accessed the appropriate Ford web site. I believe the employee has 2 pin numbers available a year which they may use for themselves, or assign to people like family & extended family members. I did get a great deal and consider myself fortunate to have done so. I think it would have been cool to find a vehicle at another dealership, go through all the haggling and such with the salesman/manager/etc..., then produce the pin number and documentation related to the d-plan price & buy @ that.

Oh & I believe A & D plans are identical numerically, and only employees at Blue Oval certified dealerships have the pricing plan available to them.

Last edited by formula4dissent; 09-18-2002 at 01:02 PM.
Old 09-18-2002, 02:18 PM
Yep!!! The invoice I am reffering to is from a Denver Blue Oval dealership

Trending Topics

Old 09-18-2002, 02:33 PM
Hope this solves the confusion, RP

Formula4dissent and MtnMike are correct. My uncle is a parts runner at the dealership. They get two PIN#s per year to buy them and a member of his immediate family (put down he was my father) a new vehicle. The price is exactly the same as A-Plan. I was gonna just tell you guys I got it at A-Plan, but wanted to see who would reply when I put down D-Plan.

Also, my GOOD friend is the Sales Manager, and we own a used dealership that trades with him often, which made it a heck of a lot easier. Only thing is there is no 0% interest as of yet on the SCrew, but I am sure that will change Sept. 30!

And also, I LOVE this set of wheels. It is a little quieter and I am glad I got the FX4 package with the 3.73s Will post pics when I get some time.

And Mike, my friend is doing me a hell of a favor. But, he knows I'm a buyer one way or the other. My parents buy trucks from him every year and I was for sure gonna buy the SCrew or a CrewCab Diesel... but I'm liking the F-150 and would like to keep as much money possible in my pocket. Also Mike, since you owned a 01' SCrew and now have an 03' , how do the two compare? Thanks for all the info.
Matt

Last edited by matthew_l_smith; 09-18-2002 at 02:38 PM.
Old 09-18-2002, 07:25 PM
Moderator &

So the 'D' plan is better than the 'A' plan? I too have a copy of my invoice for my truck (a 2001 King Ranch SuperCrew) and it has X, and A plan prices... no 'D'.

Maybe I missed the boat...

RP

Old 09-18-2002, 08:35 PM
RP,
I think that the plans might differ by state but who knows. But, I have the dealer receipt and it has a spot for invoice, x-plan, msrp, and A and D Plan . A and D Plan are in the same box. So, D plan isn't better than A plan, it is just offered to a different type of employee. A-Plan is offered to FoMoCo employees, Z-Plan is offered to the retirees. D-Plan is available to Blue Oval Certified dealer employees, and X-Plan is available to...almost anyone. I found a website that explains it.

http://www.aplannow.com/AXZ.html

Hope this helps guys.
Cya,
Matt

Last edited by matthew_l_smith; 09-18-2002 at 08:41 PM.
Old 09-18-2002, 08:45 PM
Moderator &

Excellent website there matthew. Thanks.

RP

Old 09-19-2002, 03:04 AM
Matt,

Two things stand out immediately. The 03 is much quieter. Which is saying allot since the 01 was very quiet. The seats are much more comfortable. And of course the 3.73 rear end. Other than that everything feels and drives about the same.

Old 09-22-2002, 08:06 PM
Matt,

Congrats on the new ride! Enjoy it man. I picked up mine yesterday, Saturday 9/21/02.

What a nice ride!!!!

Jim

Old 09-24-2002, 10:10 PM
MTMIKE

Is that the Toreador Red Metallic or is that a new 2003 color? Also I read in one of the post about the 2003 being quieter. I was reading something about ford doing some stuff to the 5.4 to make it more quiet for 2003. Sounds like it is working.
Shane
02supercrew

Old 09-24-2002, 11:44 PM
Nope on the color, it's a new color out for 2003 .. I guess its gonna be a smart move for Ford cause I know at least 3 (MtnMike, Jaguar, and myself) that have already ordered and took delivery on our trucks. It's a nice color. However, I don't know much about the noise reduction from 02', but I do know that mine is really quiet inside and there is little wind noise. I've heard from someone (MtnMike) that had an 01' and he noticed that it rode quieter. So, I guess Ford just made a great truck a little better. I'm extremely satisfied, and in 2-3 years, I'll probably buy another new SuperCrew unless I feel the need to move up to a SuperDuty, but thats too far ahead for me to plan. I hope this helps.

Matt

Quick Reply: It Finally Came