SuperCrew

Who's Da Man??!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2002, 09:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Who's Da Man??!!

For those of you who thought I'd never do it..... Well, I did it. Here are the details:

2003 F-150 Super Crew FX4, 3.73LS, Deep Shadow Grey with Silver accent two tone, class III towing, heated captain chairs, power sliding rear window, power moonroof, cargo cage, bedliner, chrome tubular running boards, homelink, 6 disc in dash changer. Even comes with a power butt wipe!

MSRP $38,740... X-plan 34,005. WOW!!!

Got what I needed for my trade, and closed the deal this evening. Opted against the 2002 KR as the 2003 seating is much better.

Thanks to all of you who post information on this board as it is all very helpful. Skagel, thanks for introducing me to people in high places. Steve, many thanks! Daveman, did you really think that guy was getting his truck back??!!

Life is good and the truck looks and drives even better!

Later,

Marc

Now, how do I upload a picture??

Last edited by Marc STewart; 09-11-2002 at 10:25 PM.
Old 09-11-2002, 09:35 PM

Last edited by MikeF150; 01-07-2005 at 05:28 PM.
Old 09-11-2002, 09:42 PM
MikeF150,

Beautiful Truck! No worries about DOC fees! There was no charge!

Old 09-11-2002, 09:45 PM
Thumbs up

Congrats Marc! Sounds like a real nice ride...ain't FX4 SCrew ownership great?!

-Mike

Old 09-12-2002, 07:19 AM
Marc,

Congrats to you man. I'm sure you're going to love it and if you spent that much money, you could have owned a KR as mike said but you'll be just fine. Besides, I like the FX4 too and was looking real hard at getting a left over '02 but when I found out about the '03s having 3.73s, I dropped that idea completely and am now re-committed to my KR.

I wasn't sure you'd return the truck or not but the smell and feel of a new truck is like a drug and the dealers know it, that's why they insist on you driving it home, works almost every time.

Later,

~DM~

Old 09-12-2002, 11:59 PM
I still dont believe it He has pulled this stunt once before.

Old 09-13-2002, 07:40 AM
Believe it! The "stunt" you are referring to was when I went for a test drive on an '02 KR. That was a practical joke and I fessed up on the opening post. If I could figure out how to upload a picture (I tried yesterday but was unsuccessful) you would see a picture is worth 1,000 words!

If you want to talk to the salesman, I can give you his phone #.

Trending Topics

Old 09-13-2002, 04:06 PM
Question

Sorry guys if this is a dumb question.....What exactly is the X-plan? I understand it is a way of purchsing or leasing vehicles, but could somebody direct me to where I can see the pros/cons to these different plans? Not that I need them since I just purchased, but would like to know for in the future.

Old 09-13-2002, 04:12 PM

Last edited by MikeF150; 01-07-2005 at 05:20 PM.
Old 09-13-2002, 04:37 PM
Where did you buy it???

Old 09-13-2002, 05:23 PM
Screwfun,

I bought my truck from Leavey Morgan, internet manager at Northpoint Ford in Alpharetta, GA. From Atlanta, take GA 400 North, exit #8, and go Left 1/2 mile. Dealership on Left. Why do you ask? You don't think I'm pulling your leg now do you?

I would highly recommend Leavey to anyone. He will sell most vehicles at dealer invoice. I got an X plan thru a generous soul on this website. Better keep their identity confidential!!

qwkslvr, let me try to answer your question. Ford has an employee purchase plan that they call "A Plan." Only Ford employees and immediate family can participate. By immediate family, I think it means employee, spouse, and parents. Siblings??? Ford also offers a discount plan to many of their suppliers and extended family of their employees called X plan. People who work for companies that supply parts and what not to Ford (like Michelin, muffler company, etc) can qualify for X Plan. You can also get an X plan thru several associations but you will have to get another member to elaborate on that as I don't know the details of that program. Anyway, under an X plan you are issued a PIN. The PIN is good for 1 year. Both plans have a set, non-negotiated price already established by Ford. A plan is ........ well, A plan. I don't know how to tell you to calculate it. X plan is the A plan price + 4% + $150. In my research, X plan was usually about $100 UNDER dealer invoice. I have read on this board where X plan was a little more than dealer invoice so maybe it depends on the vehicle you are buying??

The thing I liked about X plan was there was no haggling with the salesman over the price. Now, I will tell you that I got the best offer for my trade-in at the dealership where I didn't inform them I was an X plan customer until AFTER they evaluated my trade!!! So, my advice, find the truck you want, negotiate like crazy over your trade-in value, THEN pull the X plan out of your pocket.

You will probably find some additional good info on x-plan by searching the site. Good Luck.

Old 09-14-2002, 02:52 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Should've got the KR.

RP

Old 09-14-2002, 08:27 PM
Rock,

After all we've been thru all you can say is that???!!!

Where's the Love???

I wanted the KR but am very happy with the truck I bought. After all the riding the fence, I just broke out and went wild!! If I could upload the pix, then you'd get a good look at my new ride.

Later,

Marc

Old 09-14-2002, 09:06 PM
Marc,

I think you'll be happier than a pig in slop with your Super Crew FX4, but for the money, you could've easily ordered an '03 KR similarly equipped as Rock mentioned.

~DM~

Last edited by DAVEMAN; 09-15-2002 at 10:40 PM.
Old 09-14-2002, 09:44 PM
Daveman,

I have no regrets. I was looking at a 4x2 KR, this FX4 just kind of appeared. I got the amount I wanted for my trade, paid no DOC fees, and got X plan pricing. I found the '02 seats to have too much lumbar support for me and after riding in the '03 all day, when I jumped into the '02, I immediately noticed the narrow side bolsters I have seen mentioned in previous posts. When I posted the "2002 vs. 2003" message, I had a few replies that raved about the 3.73 rear end. That helped me swing to the '03.

My truck is absolutely beautiful. KR would have been nice, but to be honest, I had some worries about that KR leather being high maintenance. I'm sure RP is wishing I had joined the KR crowd but I have to give him a hard time right back.

I still can't seem to get the photo to load but I'll figure it our here shortly.

BTW, I drove 1/2 tank of gas city driving, filled back up and calculated 13.12 mpg. OUCH! But, hey, Oh Well. My truck ROCKS!

Quick Reply: Who's Da Man??!!