SuperCrew

Cruise and radio problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2002, 11:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Cruise and radio problem

When I driving my 3 month old '02 SCrew this morning my radio would get louder and then real soft and so on. This happened on every station and the CD player. I checked the antenna and it is fine. Then I tried to set the cruise on the highway and absolutely nothing happened. No cruise light.....nothing. I checked every other thing that moves and every button and it all seems to work fine. I made an appointment with the dealer but it's not until Thursday. ANY IDEAS.....please help?!?!

UPDATE.....now the cruise light will come on and the cruise will work but it will accelerate and decelerate a couple times and then shut off. I think the radio might be screwing up because of the RDS system which would suggest the problem stems from the cruise issue.

Last edited by bigbunk; 09-10-2002 at 04:40 PM.
Old 09-10-2002, 11:57 AM
BB, not sure about your cruise but the radio sounds like the RDS system....check out the 5th post in this thread.

https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...Radio+settings

Or this
https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...o+AND+settings

Old 09-10-2002, 05:00 PM
IF THE VARIANCE IN SOUND IS OCCURING AS YOU SPEED UP & DOWN, THE SPEED SENSITIVE VOLUME CONTROL MAY BE TURNED ON AND MAY NEED TO BE ADJUSTED!

MICHEAL

Old 09-10-2002, 08:12 PM
I belive to adjust the speed sensitive setting you can push in and hold the power button and it will show a number between 0 and 5. Just push the up and down button (top right corner) to change the setting. 0 is off and 5 is the most sensitive setting. I leave it off but if you like to drive with the windows down, it is a nice feature. Now if this dosen't work it's because I am doing this off the top of my head. Also the manual will tell you how to do it.

I tell everyone this, READ THE MANUAL! Yes I know it seems like a non-guy thing to do but there really is some intresting stuff in there that you would never know about unless you read it.

Old 09-11-2002, 02:41 PM
to clarify.....

I know how the speed sensitive volume control works but the volume is jumping around getting extremely loud then very soft even keeping a constant speed. I have come to the conclusion that the radio/cd player was screwing up because it did have the speed sensitive volume on setting 2 which is reading something with the speed control in the computer or something which must be what is not working. When I turn the speed sensitive volume control to 0, it of course works fine, BUT the cruise is still not working properly. Obviously, the problem must have to do with whatever the speed sensitive volume control reads to vary the volume in accordance with the speed you are going. Any more thoughts?

Quick Reply: Cruise and radio problem