SuperCrew

Flaps To Protect Chrome Step Bar?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2002, 07:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flaps To Protect Chrome Step Bar?

I have the Ford factory chrome step bars. I kind of like the no flap look, but wonder if the tires (standard size) are gonna kick up all kinds of debris that will chip 'n pit the bar allowing rust to set in.

Thought about front flaps only as one possibility. Or, just take my chances without running any flaps, which is what I am doing now...

Old 08-30-2002, 10:51 AM
I've got the Ford Bars also. Installed them myself. I've got 8000 miles on the truck, and have no problems with stone chips , rust , or anything. Mud flaps are kind of ugly! I would rather have a few scratches on my chrome bars than look at the flaps.

Old 08-30-2002, 07:13 PM
I think the HUSKY brand flaps look really good on the truck. If you are talking about the rubber pads that hang, I agree, they look like *****. The husky has a nice molded look and seem to protect very well.

Just my 2cents

Joey "O"

Old 09-02-2002, 09:34 PM
Another advantage on the Husky Flaps is that you can paint them to match. makes the flaps look like they belong!

Old 09-03-2002, 01:47 PM
Thumbs up

I replaced my running boards with the Westin Chrome bars. The first thing I noticed was how dirty the sides of my truck got --the boards used to block that. So, I installed the Husky molded flaps. You really don't see 'em, and they keep the truck clean(er).
They weren't hard to install, I just planned poorly. I had to jack up the truck and pull off the rear tires to get the rear ones on. But, no problems now. And like I said, you hardly see them.

Quick Reply: Flaps To Protect Chrome Step Bar?