SuperCrew

Aren't You Guys Tired of .....

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2002, 10:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Aren't You Guys Tired of .....

Aren't You Guys Tired of .....all these members posting "I FINALLY GOT MY NEW SCREW." Well, guess what I finally got my new SCrew.

After months of looking around from dealer to dealer, lot to lot and burning up my fingers searching for the right truck, not including lots of convincing to my wife, I bought a 2002 Red Lariat 4X4 with everything except the entertainment package and I love it. In the past four years, I have gone through 1 Explorer and 2 Expeditions, finally trading my 1999 Black Eddie Bauer Expy 4X4 for the red one.

OK, as if you guys haven't done this one hundred times before, give a new SCrew owner you best advice. Is that anything I need to do right off the bat? Things that don't cost money would be great, since now I am officially BROKE.

Any help, advice and pictures would be great. Thanks in advance - BIGWORM

Old 08-27-2002, 10:57 PM
cheap first mod

Go to WalMart, plunk down three bucks for a can of acetone and acetone your badges. It's not that hard it just takes a little time to do it right.

It looks good too....

Old 08-27-2002, 11:48 PM
Costs more than Iwao's can of acetone but I think you will notice the difference. $45 bucks for a K&N washable filter to replace your paper airfilter. Put mine in at lunch when I bought it and it was a noticeable difference in get up and go (throttle response) as well as I saw about 1-1.5 MPG improvement with mine.

Cheleri

P.S. Congratulations on the new truck, keep us posted on its mods.

Old 08-28-2002, 04:23 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
What do you guys mean by acetone your badges???

Old 08-28-2002, 05:22 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They used acetone to remove the black from the F150 badging on the truck. Under the flat black paint is more chrome.... Search on it and there are some good close-up photos somewhere.

Old 08-28-2002, 05:48 PM
Here's mine with side marker light....

Old 08-28-2002, 11:25 PM
Thumbs up an old timer once said. . .

CONGRATULATIONS on the New Screw! I will pass on some wisdome that was once passed on to me when I posted back in April of 2001 when I first bought my Screw 4x4 lariat 5.4 every option but heated seats. here is the First thing to do................................................ ...... Go for a drive take a trip , and just enjoy your new baby and marvel at what a great truck it is.!

but then after that I also vote with Cheleri on the K&N after a few miles keep the stock filter to use while the K&N is drying after a cleaning. just in case you need to go some where.

Hope this help and welcome to the "family"

ps the acetone looks cool, but you sure don't want to get any on your paint!

Quick Reply: Aren't You Guys Tired of .....