SuperCrew

Need SOme Legal Advice

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2002, 11:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Need SOme Legal Advice

i had my windows tinted about a month ago...they didnt do a good job..they took the tint off and scrated my 2 door windows and my windshield...they replaced the 2 door windows and arent replacing the front..anyone have any advice as to what kind of legal action i can take against they store....any help would be GREATLY appreciated

thanks

Old 08-24-2002, 11:29 PM
Look into small claims court....I think its up to $2000.00.....usually the fact that you file will make the normally legit company want to at least talk about a settlement. Good Luck

Old 08-25-2002, 12:02 AM
Smalls claims court is quite simple. You could also contact your insurance company about having the glass replaced and let them sue shop that scratched the windows.

Old 08-25-2002, 08:07 AM
Check with your full coverage insurance company. They may be willing to cover the windsheild as that's a common replacement item with them. You never know, maybe you'll get lucky and they'll cover the windsheild and go after the window tinter for the money.

I had something similar happen to me with the brakes on an '89 Chevy 4x4 Siverado I had some time back. The quicky lube joint put motor oil in the brake master cylinder and ruined the entire brake system and wouldn't take responsibility. I convinced my insurance company that I saved them a lot of money by noticing the loss of brakes before an accident took place. They agreed and paid the claim, 89% or the $1,100.00 bill.

~DM~

Old 08-25-2002, 09:44 PM
Had a similar problem. Took my truck in for an oil change, went to get in the truck and low and behold there is a dent in the door sill when I opened the door! I went right to the mananger and had him come look and explain how this dent that was down to the metal happened. Well, he said thats a good question and after talking with the tech he said he dropped something on it. Well, I said you were just going to let me drive outta here hopeing I would not see it, real nice. They offered to fix it but I wanted my own body shop to do the work because it was obvious they lost my trust. They did not want to pay retail when they could fix it for wholesale. So I called my insurance company and expalined what happened and insurance company sent me a check for it. So now I do my own oil changes end of story.........

Old 08-25-2002, 11:07 PM
Actually small claims court is $5000, at least here in california. Getting a lawyer will cost you a whole lot more than a new windshield. I wouldn't spend a dime on legal stuff as I am going though a legal battle of my own and it's REALLLLYYYY expensive.

I would march down there and tell them you will take them to small claims court, and if they still don't budge then just have it replaced yourself. It will save you a lot of time and money than to have to deal with those *******s.

Good luck to you. Oh yea and tell the tint place that you will post there name all over the Internet and tell everyone you know never to go there again. That normally gets there attention.

Old 08-26-2002, 03:57 PM
Re: Need SOme Legal Advice

Originally posted by BamaScrew
i had my windows tinted about a month ago...they didnt do a good job..they took the tint off and scrated my 2 door windows and my windshield...they replaced the 2 door windows and arent replacing the front..anyone have any advice as to what kind of legal action i can take against they store....any help would be GREATLY appreciated

thanks
Findlaw has two links to Small Claims procedure in Tennessee State courts:

http://consumer.pub.findlaw.com/courts/small/tn.html

Check them out. They should have all the information you need.

Also, Business Week had a nice article on small claims actions in general:

http://www.businessweek.com/smallbiz/content/feb2000/la3666047.htm

Have fun.

Lg.

Quick Reply: Need SOme Legal Advice