SuperCrew

Supercrew in Montana

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2002, 06:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Supercrew in Montana

Thought I'd share a picture of my SuperCrew making the rounds in Montana.

Can't see much of the truck, but I love this picture none-the-less.

Old 08-22-2002, 07:46 PM
Possible Responses:

Isn't that a chevy Avalanche at the bottom of that hill?

Was this picture of a F150 taken from a K-9 spy satellite?

Is this a picture of your wife driving off while she strands you on top of a hill?

why is there a shadow of a sheep standing next to the photographer?

(can't think of any more)
BD

Old 08-22-2002, 08:09 PM
You are one lucky fella living in a place like that. That's my dream land. Keep the pics coming.

Old 08-22-2002, 08:36 PM
Response for you: Custer might have lived had he driven a Ford Truck.

Re: living there. Only visiting. In-laws live in Montana. Got to do some true off-roading for the first time in the truck. Love it even more now.

Old 08-22-2002, 09:25 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I, too, have driven a SCREW in Montana (unforutnately, not the one that I own here in Kentucky).

I've rented a couple out there while on business outside of Missoula, Deer Lodge, and Anaconda.

Those pics don't even begin to do Montana justice.... sure, it's a beautiful pic but geesh... this is one of the most incredible states I've ever had the joy of visiting.

Keyword: VISITING...

It's nice for a week then, back to my own bed. I'm an outdoorsy type of guy and Montana hits the nail on the head for outdoorsy but, it also hits the nail on the head if you're a cattle rancher. The cows outnumber the people in MT. Sure, you can get a great filet mingon but, honestly, it's almost sensory overload after being out there for too long. Then again, maybe it's just that I "HAVE" to be there on business.

Talk about a rough job huh? In the past three months, I've been to Montana, Washington State, Oregon, and Iowa (okay, maybe Iowa wasn't that glamorus). I love my job but, as anyone who knows that travels a bunch... it's hell on the home life....

I'll stop rambling...

Nice pic man!

RP

Old 08-23-2002, 10:12 AM
Darn guys, I know what I'm going to do this weekend.... It's nice living in Montana and having these opportunities all the time!

Old 08-24-2002, 07:22 PM
I bet you have plenty of shooting and hunting opportunities too out there!

Trending Topics

Old 08-25-2002, 12:54 PM
Heading to Montana this week with the SuperCrew (and the wife) to see Glacier park. Coming from Wisconsin on I-90 then up thru Missoula. Plan to go from there to Yellowstone. What else in Montana would be recommended seeing? Are the accomodations better on the East or West side of Glacier? Thanks.

Old 08-26-2002, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by Guy21
Heading to Montana this week with the SuperCrew (and the wife) to see Glacier park. Coming from Wisconsin on I-90 then up thru Missoula. Plan to go from there to Yellowstone. What else in Montana would be recommended seeing? Are the accomodations better on the East or West side of Glacier? Thanks.
If your a fly fisherman, I can provide a ton of suggestions.

From Missoula to Glacier, check out Flathead lake. It's SW from glacier park. I prefer the west side of glacier. Perhaps it's all the years spent in the region, but I believe the area has more to offer and better accomodations and selections.

When you head to Yellowstone. Make sure you check out paradise valley near livingston. Some neat places to stay in the valley, but you may need reservations. On your way out of Yellowstone, you might consider going via Cody Wyoming. Nice western town.

Old 08-27-2002, 04:52 PM
My SCrew got me through Glacier as well. Be sure to do the Going to the Sun Road. Also, there's a few hikes that are off an unpaved road that's about 27 miles long. And when they say unpaved, they mean it. It's mostly rock and very rough.

I did the hike "Hidden Meadow". Scary in that we were the only people for probably 5 miles and it's in the heart of grizzly country. But oh my what a gorgeous meadow. Little lake with wide open expanse of meadow. Dozen or so dear and a female moose just sitting around eating.

Old 08-27-2002, 06:37 PM
Another Montanan.....

Saw this thread and had to stop by. I'm a Montanan living in Oregon for the last 7 years (hence my user name...). Used to spend my summers in Kalispell when I was a kid.

Just spent a week in Glacier in early July, as I usually do each summer. Hard to describe how spectacular and beautiful the scenery is to most people. I love Montana and always find a reason to keep going back. As the pic above proves, the sky IS bigger in Montana!!!

Oh yeah, I had my SuperCrew with me in July - what a great rig for a road trip. Camped for 6 nights in Many Glacier on the East side of the park. The best place in my opinion, if you want to get out and hike. However, as stated above, there are a few more accomodations (and nicer ones) on the West side.

I can't wait to take my SuperCrew back next summer......

Quick Reply: Supercrew in Montana