SuperCrew

Sad news for keeping my SCrew

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2002, 09:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sad news for keeping my SCrew

Well I have just gone through another corporate merger. Goods news is I am still working. Bad news is our old car plan of giving us a monthly reinbursment for capital cost and milage reinbursment for business miles is going away. I now have to have a company car. It is a nice car plan and all the cars are leased from Ford based on a one year 50,000km lease. So I get a new car every fall. We have a choice of Mustang, Taurus and Windstar. We have been given one year to switch to the new plan.

So this means the Screw has to go next fall. I now really appreciatte how much I like this truck. We just got back from vacation too and had a great trip to and through the Colorado rockies with the truck and 31 foot trailer. We had a great trip with good family bonding. I bonded too well with the truck though. It performed well from the plains to the rockies and in temps of up to 100 Degrees with a 7000Lb trailer and the whole family in tow. What more could you ask for. We drove about 3000Miles and the truck performed flawlessly. We towed at evelvations up to 7000 Feet and drove without the trailer to evevations of 14000 Feet (Pikes Peak). We drove on gravel roads up mountainsides to old goldmines and drove as many as 700 miles of Interstate in a day with the trailer. We drove through 8 states as well as our home province. I have to quit before I get too sentamental ........

Old 08-19-2002, 11:11 AM
I am glad you enjoyed the screw, it is a great truck. Just remember that a lot can change in a year ... first comes the merger. .. then comes the first round of lay offs. Then the policies are changed. Then the second round of lay offs. Then comes restructuring and the the next round of lay offs. Then comes more restructuring and more lay offs. Then more restructuring and more lay offs. It just keeps going and going .... And if your lucky they do stay in business after the big announcement of cooked books (Ususally from all the mergers).

The company I was employeed with 4 years ago is still going through restructuring with no end in site. I am the sole support for their legacy financial system for one of their divisions. I went out on my own four years ago after two of the departments I worked in were "restructured". The funny thing is that every one of these restructuring steps for the next few years means more work for the company I started four years ago.

If five years ago someone told me I would be on my own making this kind of money I would have laughed. A lot can change in one year.

Last edited by screwfun; 08-19-2002 at 11:14 AM.
Old 08-20-2002, 09:39 PM
Im lost? So why do you have to get rid of the truck?

Old 08-21-2002, 09:28 AM
Madd,
Because I have to take a company car which won't be a truck. They currently give us money for the carplan which I fund the SCrew with. My wife does not want to drive the truck as a second vehicle. Too big for mall/doctor offices etc. and I can't afford to keep it as a third vehicle.

Screwfun,
Your right a lot can change in a year. This is not the first restructuring not the first corporate merger we have gone through. What is good for me is that I work in a remote office and in customer service. I know this can change but we always have a certain customer base that needs to be serviced here. Unlike head office or other large offices that become redundant.

Quick Reply: Sad news for keeping my SCrew