SuperCrew

Engine Bay Hood Light

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2002, 08:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Engine Bay Hood Light

The under hood light does not always light up. The bulb is not burned out. Where is the switch that contols that light?

thx

Old 08-16-2002, 08:28 AM
I think you have to have the headlights or parking lights turned on for it to work.... not sure, but give it a try. I think that's it.

Good luck

Old 08-16-2002, 09:35 AM
It is a tilt switch built into the socket I believe on most of our trucks. Wiggle the socket and see if it lights.

Old 08-16-2002, 12:50 PM
tbbr,

On my 2001 SCrew, my power system shuts off after sitting for a while. To get the underhood light to light...say after sitting overnight, I open one of the doors and the light under the hood comes on. I don't know if this is normal or if I have a slow drain short in the electrical system and the "anti-drain" protection switch opens.

Anyone else notice this on your SCrew?

Old 08-16-2002, 01:07 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by Area 52
tbbr,

On my 2001 SCrew, my power system shuts off after sitting for a while. To get the underhood light to light...say after sitting overnight, I open one of the doors and the light under the hood comes on. I don't know if this is normal or if I have a slow drain short in the electrical system and the "anti-drain" protection switch opens.

Anyone else notice this on your SCrew?

Mine does EXACTLY the same thing. I thought it might be some type of preventative thing to keep from draining your battery or something like that.

I typically have to shut the hood... wait a few minutes... and then re-open the hood to reactivate the light. I think it's normal. Seems like a smart feature to me... just like leaving a door opened, it kills the light to keep from draining the batt. *shrugs*

RP

Last edited by Rockpick; 08-16-2002 at 04:49 PM.
Old 08-16-2002, 01:49 PM
RockPick,

Yeah...you've got it too?

There is an electrical anti-drain protection device...I don't know what the drain would be that would cause it to shut the system down. I have to rule out an alarm system...I don't have one. The clock on the radio is digitally stored so I wouldn't think that would be it either.

I'm interested in knowing if yours reactivates by opening one of the doors (leaving the hood up).

Thanks

Old 08-16-2002, 02:16 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Haven't noticed. I'm installing a new radio (head unit) tonight so, I'll tinker with it if I can remember to do so and report back.

RP

Trending Topics

Old 08-16-2002, 04:06 PM
Wow that worked! I opened the hood, no light. Opened the door while the hood was up and the light popped right on.

This after I had previously pulled the whole assembly off from under the hood to shake it around and check the bulb better!

Thanks to all.

Old 08-16-2002, 10:31 PM
It's the Battery Saver circuit. Shuts off interior and underhood lights if left on for more than 20 minutes? Something like that. I'm too tired to get the manual to look up the exact minutes.

If your hood light isn't coming on with all the doors closed and all the courtesy lights are off when you turn the key off, then something is wrong with the circuit. Get it fixed under the warranty.

Quick Reply: Engine Bay Hood Light