SuperCrew

Westin Wheel to Wheel Step Bars

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2002, 11:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Westin Wheel to Wheel Step Bars

About a month ago I ordered a set of the Wheel to Whell bars from WESTIN to be installed on my Super Crew 2002. The bars were installed and I took the truck home. I had installed a set of WESTIN's before on a f-150 super Cab before and loved them. My wife is short and my 4 year old couldn't get into the new taller truck without some serious help. The problem I had was with the bars for the Super Crew. The treads don't line up to the seats! I took digital pictures of the installation and for the last two weeks working with WESTIN they say they are correct. I have seen the stadard Double Bars (two steps only) on other same year and make trucks and they line up with the exact seated position in the fron on the drivers side and the back on the passengers. Has anyone else got these installed thus far? I am having the bars looked at again by the installer when I go to do the bed liner spray in tomorrow. There is no way I am keeping these bars on the truck as they look like sh_t. I can't get anyone to say what is the right installation look and the WESTIN site has terrible pictures with no instuctions. The other issue is that there is no way for me to tell if the wrong bars were installed or sent to the installer. WESTIN DOESN'T PUT PART NUMBERS on the bars?

HELP!!!!!!!

Old 08-14-2002, 02:19 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Are you sure the right one ain't on the left and the left one on the right?

Old 08-14-2002, 02:26 PM
Yes. The bars aren't turned at either end. Each end has only the original attachment point in the front behind the left or right tire. It would be impossible for the installer or me to do anything else. In essence the bars come out on the 90 degree from the spot just behind the wheel and then go straight back to the bed edge behind the cab. They do not turn back under the truck again. There is a third step in this case which is used to reach, or be able to reach into the Bed of the truck from standing in this poisition on the third tread.

Old 08-14-2002, 05:12 PM
Question

I have these installed and they seem lined up on mine just fine. Do you have a picture you could post? I could post a picture of mine if you like so we can compare.
Tony

Old 08-15-2002, 10:55 AM
Will post pictures. If you do the same it would be nice to see what they look like.

Old 08-15-2002, 11:24 AM
picture link for the Super Crew with the bars

https://www.f150online.com/galleries....cfm?gnum=1679

This is the gallery link.

Old 08-15-2002, 03:07 PM
Tony P,
I have regular Westin Nerf Bars and my steps are right in the middle of the door opening. Yours are definitely a lot farther forward. Looks like they would not be very useful that way. Hope they work it out for you.

https://www.f150online.com/galleries...1180-11994.jpg

Trending Topics

Old 08-15-2002, 03:15 PM
I apologize, i have the ones that LakeSands has. I have never seen the ones you have before. Your right, the steps do appear to be too far forward!
Tony

Old 08-15-2002, 03:45 PM
Thanks for the help guys. Didn't get to the installer today. Maybe during lunch tomorrow to check out the second set that was sent to them. Westin sent a series of faxed instructions but it is a wait and see game. I have seen the double step bars bent on both ends and they line up to the doors. I will let you know how things work out. I really wish Westin put numbers on the bars to see what you think you get is actually what you ordered. No telling if what you want is packed in the box marked for what you ordered.

Old 08-15-2002, 08:19 PM
Those look like they are for a supercab. The "third step" for the bed does not even line up where the bed is.

I have the tubular ones, like Lakesands, and they lne up perfectly.

Pete

Old 08-15-2002, 11:52 PM
rdh
Those are definitely not right. Compare them to the Manik step spacing.

Old 08-16-2002, 12:02 AM
Tony,
Having installed the Westin Platinum Series myself on my 2002 Screw I can say that you deffinetley have the WRONG bars. Look at my pictures under Lesjhawk in the gallery. Hope you get it fixed.

Old 08-16-2002, 09:50 AM
LesJhawk,

Could you post the link to the gallery? Not sure how to find your posting of pictures in the list. I am taking the truck over today to have the bars looked at would like to have the picture for them to see if there is any dispute.

Old 08-16-2002, 11:06 AM
Might be a bit difficult to see, but my black Westin bars ar lined up quite a bit differently than the ones you purchased and/or had installed.

Old 08-19-2002, 02:51 PM
Tony, What did you ever find out with those bars?

Cheers.

Quick Reply: Westin Wheel to Wheel Step Bars