SuperCrew

Mod Help!

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2002, 08:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Mod Help!

I have a 2002 5.4 and looking to replace my throttle body and maf for a LARGER piece can anybody point me to a web site that sells these items, im haveing trouble finding one.

Old 08-12-2002, 08:48 PM
http://store.summitracing.com/

They might have what you need. Good Luck

Last edited by ruger-dfw; 08-12-2002 at 08:51 PM.
Old 08-12-2002, 09:33 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
take this with a grain of salt.....

I have the GMS MAF. I have seen a few members with the GMS, and only one had a Pro-M, but is now using a L 80 mm MAF.
The GMs works real well for me, I have had no problem with it at all, and I have yet to see a member here post a problem with a GMS MAFS.

The upgraded t/b ( I have not done this yet ) that I have seen are the B/K ( sp?).

Summit seems to have a good price on these, from the research that I have done to date.

One key is programming the A/F ratio for the upgraded MAF, and I think there would be a burn needed for the T/B but I am not totally sure of that ( I have not completed my research on the T/B so I am not the expert on it ). So keep in mind you might need to get a chip or reburn your chip.

The B/K that I have looked at is the 75 mm, and then do a port / polish on it.
I don't know if you can put a single blade on a N/A 5.4, that is well beyond my knowledge, asking a tuner is a better source of info then me.

That is a 2 cent tour of T/B MAFS upgrades from my opinion.

Old 08-12-2002, 10:04 PM
thanks guys!

Thank you for the info, i have the superchip,airforce one and borla exhast already on my 2002 4x4 king ranch screw but like a bit better launch out of the hole, I did get a chirp hitting second gear this afternoon almost wet myself!!! Hopfully this mod will get me out quicker!!
Scott

Old 08-14-2002, 08:17 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
shard7301,

Just another side note, I don't know if you like the shifting the way it is , or want better.

If you have the 4x4 with the 4R100 trans, you could look into the Factory_Tech valve body upgrade for your trans.
Lots of the L guys do this to improve the shifting.

I think that might also need a reburn, but again ask someone that knows better then me.

If you ask JDM about the single blade T/B and I think they also carry the Factory_Tech valve body upgrade, they say they will reburn your chip for free if you buy the mod from them.

Just another thing to keep in mind, while this is not out of the hole pull, it is a shifting improvement.

myself I am have to go the LENTECH route 4R70.

Quick Reply: Mod Help!