SuperCrew

Amp and Sub install location help

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2002, 09:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Amp and Sub install location help

I've got a '01 Screw and I'm trying to find locations to mount my 2 amps, (1) four channel and (1) for the sub. I'm thinking about using a subbox.net enclosure under the back seat. The only locations I've found so far to mount the amps are under the back seat. The passenger seat doesn't have enough room underneath besides there is a heater duct under there also. The compartments behind the back seat has no ventilation otherwise I'd put them there. I could just mount the amps under the back seats and use a bazooka tube between the seats and forget about the other enclosure. Please help.

Pete

Old 07-28-2002, 09:46 PM
I installed both amps behind the same seat as the sub box. I took off the panel that folds down when you lower the seat and the door to the cubby hole (for lack of a better word). I havent had any problems with it over heating and its been installed for over a year now. Hope this helps.

Old 07-28-2002, 10:08 PM
Amp location

I have my amp in the pocket behind the rear seat. I have not had a problem in a year.

Old 07-28-2002, 10:08 PM
I had an 01 with a Killer system. We put both amps in the rear cubby hole. they never over heated. My sub amp was pushing 1100 watts at 1 ohm for a whole year. I just put all the stuff in my 02' and it is still working great.
What kind of subs and amps are you going to use? (Just wondering)

Old 07-28-2002, 10:40 PM
I'll look into the rear cubby hole area. Heat is of some concern because of the climate I'm in. The amps are nothing huge. One is 4 x 30 Kenwood and the other is an MTX Thunder 250.

As far as the sub. I'd like to use an off-the-shelf unit. I don't want to custom build something. What did you guys do?

Old 07-29-2002, 01:41 AM
I have an '01 Screw, that I installed a 5 channel amp (40x4 +120 mono) in the jack compartment of the rear panel. I also used the Subbox.net enclosure...works great, and no problems of overheating. Everything is out of sight and sounds great. Very happy.

Old 07-29-2002, 02:31 AM
Sup dudes..
Do any of you have pics of your installs?

I have an 01 SCrew and am finally going to install some subs and amps.

Would love to get some ideas before I taclke the job.

thanks..

Trending Topics

Old 07-29-2002, 08:34 AM
I made a box from scratch. It fit on my 01' in the middle of the floor in the back behind the console. It tied up the center seat though. But the sub that I used was pretty big. Memphis LVS 12" www.memphisaudio.com.

Old 07-29-2002, 06:36 PM
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I'm going to use the area behind the seat. I also found an enclosure from stereostable.com for $91 that fits under the left rear seat.
Now for a location, other than the console, for my CD changer(it won't fit!). Probably under the right rear seat.

Pete

Old 07-29-2002, 07:47 PM
location for cd changer

I was thinking of purchasing a expy console '01 or newer. They have places in the front and back for rear ac controls. I was thinking of putting pop up monitors in place of the controls. If you have an in-dash changer you might be able to fit in the front ac control panel.

Just an idea. You can get the consoles pretty cheap from the place in OK. They have been posted here a couple of different times.

Quick Reply: Amp and Sub install location help