SuperCrew

Factory plastic bedrail removal

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2001, 03:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Factory plastic bedrail removal

Anyone know how this grey colored top piece attaches? I had a bedliner installed today (not very well) and I need to lift a portion of the plastic to get the liner behind it, but I don't want to break it.

Any help appreciated!

Greg O.

Old 11-07-2001, 03:48 PM
Ok, your lucky you have a supercrew...(short bed) Look under the rail, you see where the plastic pops through the metal of the bed. Take a pliers and squeeze the anchor together, lift on the bedrail and pop them out one by one. however, if you have your bedliner in, it is gonna be hard to get up and around the liner to get under the rail with a pliers....good luck.

Old 11-08-2001, 11:38 PM
Question Hold the Pliers!

I installed a pendaliner in my SCrew last month and did not need to remove the plastic. It slid undeneath by first holding the liner at a 45 degree angle and then sliding in one side. Then, Pull the liner in the middle and sliding in the other. Takes a little work, but I installed mine in about an hour. What kind of liner do you have? I bet that they did not take it off to install it. Let me know and I can walk you through it better.

Old 11-10-2001, 09:23 AM
Thanks, it's a Penda SR. I called the place I got it from here (Ultimate Truck in Milwaukee, WI) they had my ARE lid to install. Originally I told them I just wanted to pick the lid up, and I'd do it myself. They really wanted to make sure I was happy, and pleaded for me to reconsider, they'd install the lid and fix the liner--even if it meant staying a bit past their normal 6pm closing time.

They did. Overall I think they have good intentions, and are pretty nice guys. I do think the Penda liner is kind of a poor design for the Screw, you have these stupid stick on pieces that they screw the bedliner into (so as not to screw into the metal).

The ARE top looks nice, but right up by the cab it has those ears (don't know what else to call 'em but ears) that I wish were not protruding into the airflow. Almost as if the top is too wide, but it's not.

Sometimes good parts (and those to install them) are hard to find. Generally, I end up doing most everything myself.

Greg O.

Quick Reply: Factory plastic bedrail removal