SuperCrew

X-plan Savings?

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2001, 08:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question X-plan Savings?

Can anyone tell me exactly what you pay when you get the X-plan? Is it so much under invoice or what? I have the imformation on how you can get the X-plan, but need to know if it is worth the little bit of hassle. I think I can buy a truck at invoice and if with the X-plan can buy below invoice, even better.

With Ford offering 0.0% interest, I am thinking about trading in the current Crew for an 02.

2001 F-150 SuperCrew White 4X4 Lariat
5.4 Engine
All options, except moonroof and heated seats. Small Radiator - Replaced.

Mods and Add-Ons:
Black Westin Nerf Bars
Bug Shield
Rhino Spray-in Bed-Liner
Astro Bed Lid
Airforce One FIPK
SuperChip
Husky Floor-Liners - Front and Back
Tinted Windows

Old 10-03-2001, 08:46 AM
I cut this answer that i gave someone who asked the same basic thing last week. you could pick up a lot of info by doing a search of the board, just watch out for people who seem to just be guessing. Here it is, the key in your case is that there may be x-plan only rebates.If you do a search of this forum for "x-plan", you will learn more than I could possibly tell you in a post.

Briefly: x-plan is a discount price given to certain suppliers and organizations by Ford. The price is exactly 4% more than A-plan, which is the Ford employee price. X-plan usually works out to maybe 1% under invoice price, however it is not calculated on that basis.

It does not change rebates at all...you still get them, plus there are at times additional rebates for x-plan people only.

I get it through my job and it is a great deal, some here talk about joining EAA (which you can also search for and learn a ton, most of the x-plan threads here end up listing the link for EAA, I don't know what it is), which is an aircraft enthusiast group. It cost $40 and qualifies you for x-plan. Each qualifying organization has a code which gets their people into a website called fordpartner.com and once in you sign up for a personal PIN number which you take to the dealer and away you go.

Old 10-03-2001, 12:05 PM
rmg
EAA Web Site

www.eaa.org

EAA = Experimental Aircraft Association

Once you have joined and receive membership and PIN and log-in on "members only" section on the EAA site, you can go to www.eaa.org and click on "Partners" link and be connected to www.forddirect.com and then enter your zip code and you will able to configure your truck and view inventory at your local dealers.

www.forddirect site recognizes you as an X-Plan member and when viewing truck inventories/prices, the site will display on the monitor MSRP and X-Plan pricing side by side.

The other way to obtain X-Plan pricing is to multiply MSRP by .875 and you will usually get withing $100-150 of X-Plan.

Also: I am seeing some dealers with special pricing even below X-Plan by quite a bit. You have to watch for these ads in the newspaper.

If you have any questions, e-mail me privately at my e-mail listed on this site.

Old 10-05-2001, 02:18 PM
Re: X-plan Savings?

Originally posted by Jeff Davids
Can anyone tell me exactly what you pay when you get the X-plan? Is it so much under invoice or what?
The .875 ratio listed below seems about right - I just bought mine yesterday with the X-Plan (got it through a fellow viper enthusiast who works for Ford), and it was about $250 below invoice (of course, you still add on taxes, etc.). Additionally, they said they couldn't charge me for their processing fee since I was on the X-plan (saved about $200).

Old 10-13-2001, 02:24 PM
I wondered if I get a pin on my x-plan account, can I use that to have my fiance's father purchase her a new truck? I haven't been able to find the answer to this anywhere, and wondered if anyone has done something similar. Since we are not married yet, I wondered if there were any stipulations or rules that would bar me from doing this?

Thanks.

Old 10-13-2001, 03:26 PM
definately no before the marriage, not positive but don't think so after....why doesn't he just join himself....40 bucks!!

Old 10-14-2001, 08:07 AM
Works out to about 1% below invoice. Best thing about it is you don't have to haggle with the salesman to get the price down!

My SC stickered for $30,050, invoice was $26,200, but with the X-plan I got it for $25,900.

Old 10-14-2001, 04:54 PM
if you have the x plan through eaa only you and your spouse can use it, i tried to let my brother use it last week, the dealer said no he was not eligable, so he got his own membership and had pin in 3 days

Old 10-14-2001, 07:24 PM
Is there a limit on the number of vehicles you can purchase on x-plan? Does it vary from one account to another?

Old 10-15-2001, 04:31 PM
2 vehichles per yr on the xplan from eaa

Quick Reply: X-plan Savings?