SuperCrew

Spray In Bedliner Reviews

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2001, 12:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Spray In Bedliner Reviews

Can anyone give me some help about spray in bedliners? Is one better than the other? i.e Rhino Liners better than Line X. Any other brands of spray in liners?

My Supercrew is less than a week old. Should I wait until it gets scratched up, or should I do it now with no scratches?

I was quoted $325-355.

Thanks for the help.

Old 08-19-2001, 12:42 PM
I'm a big fan of Tuff sold here in Houston... very rubbery, 1/2 inch thick on the floor and tailgate, lifetime warranty, available in colors. The prices you mentioned are about right here in Houston.

Doesn't matter whether you have scratches or not... they etch the bed paint before applying the spray in liner to make sure it will adhere.

Old 08-19-2001, 03:02 PM
I chose Line-X for my Supercrew. In my opinion it looks nicer than the Rhino. The Rhino looks "globbed" on while the Line-X is much smoother but still has texture. The shop here did a very good job on install, very clean lines, removed the tiedowns and did the latch access plate separately. I am very pleased with the Line-x

Old 08-19-2001, 08:33 PM
I have a bedrock in mine. Payed $400.00 cash for it. I think that it is better than the rest. It is a little softer on the knees than the line-x. I have had it on all my other trucks and never had a problem.

Old 08-19-2001, 08:50 PM
evo
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I don't know if there's any truth to it but a salesman told me that spray in liners hurt the trucks resale value.

Old 08-20-2001, 12:34 PM
Sounds like the salesman wanted you to buy a drop in liner I have a friend who is a Ford salesman and they get extra incentives when they sell add on accessories.

Anyway, I have Line-X and love it. This is the second truck I've had with it and it's held up well despite all the stuff I haul around (lumber, drywall, yard debris, go-carts, etc). IMO, the Line-X has a more "factory look" finish than the others.

The only drawback I've noticed is that after a year or so it starts to look dull. Line-X sells some stuff the call "liner brite" that you spray on and it restores the finish. It's not slick like the other spary on protectants so alll your stuff want go sliding around the bed. I bough one bottle for about $10 that kept mine looking decent for about 1-1/2 years

Old 08-20-2001, 01:01 PM
The dealer I worked with said the same thing, and then turned around on another visit and said on resale he'd promote it as a great add-on. hmmm.
I went with the Rhino. The Line-X guy that was within driving distance sounded like he was doing it in his garage, and I wasn't comfortable with that.
The one real question to ask the installer is how long they've been doing it and how many applications they've done. If they've done a lot, it will make a big difference in the consistency in the bed. I felt a lot better about going with the Rhino installer because of his level of experience than the Line-X regardless of the product!
Eitherway, a drop-in will rub the paint off as you the truck off the lot for the first time. The spray-in won't allow moisture to collect and ruin the truck in the long term like a drop-in. Good luck!

Old 08-20-2001, 09:39 PM
I want to keep my truck for 10 or 15 years and I am worried about the liner looks after a few years. I am also worried that if it did start cracking or flaking or fading - how would you ever get it out? Has anyone had one of the spray in liners in the sun for more than 7-8 years? How long do they hold up under serious summer sun?

Old 08-20-2001, 11:19 PM
I took the advice of a few of the members here and had a Line-x sprayed in. So far I am very pleased with it. It has a better consistency and shine then the Rhino's I've seen and the installer did a top notch job.

As far as resale value, would it make a difference to you? I would pay a couple extra bucks for a truck with a nice liner then one without.

My truck is garaged a lot so I'm not sure how it would hold up under the blazing summer sun after a couple of years but I can say it holds up to everything else.

Go Line-X!

P.S. Don't forget to get the coupon off their website!

Old 08-21-2001, 08:22 AM
The Line-X in my 99 F150 is now about three years old and my truck is exposed to a lot of heat / sun here in Georgia. A quick spary of liner brite every six months or so kept it looking good (my fatrher in law now owns the truck). If after a few years it starts to look crappy you can always have another layer sprayed on and it will be good as new.

I saw a truck that had been rear ended by a semi and the bed was mangled pretty bad. The neat thing was that the Line-X stayed intact taking the shape of the crumpled metal instead of cracking and falling off.

Old 08-21-2001, 09:43 AM
Certified Goat Breeder
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
The spray-ins are independent franchises. In one part of the country, Brand-Y could be doing professional grade work while Brand-Z is doing applications out of their kitchen. In another part of the country the opposite could be true. What you need to do is look at the work of the franchises in your area. Usually people will swear by what happens to be in their truck.

If your poll here turns out that Brand-Y is better, it may be true
(everywhere in the country except where you're at)

As far as waiting, their going to scratch up the bed anyway prior to spraying. So, a disadvantage to waiting isn't the scratches you may do but, the added protection from dents the spray-in provides.

p.s.
Rhino and Line-X looked about equal in my area. The Rhino guy said he wanted my truck all day, and Line-X was about two hours. I also shopped price.

Old 04-12-2013, 01:30 PM
reviews of spray lining like rhino etc and the web

Originally Posted by deltanut
Can anyone give me some help about spray in bedliners? Is one better than the other? i.e Rhino Liners better than Line X. Any other brands of spray in liners?

My Supercrew is less than a week old. Should I wait until it gets scratched up, or should I do it now with no scratches?

I was quoted $325-355.

Thanks for the help.
Here's what I don't get. I go to google searching for information and then I wind up with an old post like this. Then I get viewed as a scam because I am posting to an OLD post. But the reality is the topic is usually spot on.. I am lazy and don't want to look around too much. I have experience and have reviewed Rhino Lining, Line-X, U-POL, Herculiner, spray-lining, monstaliner and others. So please do not hate me for posting to old posts. I am curious if it;s possible to place importance on newer posts in the website so GOogle sees that those are more important than this old review.

If I could review the newest lining information easily I would be stoked... But alas I guess I have to deal with this. Not to mention I would rather see spray-lining reviews that were posted more recently. My complaint is that if I look at the newer posts on this site, I can find relevant info. How is it that these do not show up????

Sorry for rambling, thanks for listening if anyone can help, awesome!!

Old 04-12-2013, 02:04 PM
sub'd

Old 04-12-2013, 06:46 PM
I jus got sprayed with bullet liner in PAC. North west and its holding well after 3 weeks paid 405 ..bullet to my kno. Is the next gen line x as founder sold off an made line I.e. bullet..hope this helps

Old 07-12-2013, 06:38 AM
Ha... I love rants...

I had Ziebart spray my bed with Rhino lining in 2009 when I first got my FX4. Since I have the "man-step" and they wouldn't be spraying my tailgate they did the inside of my tool box. Best part, they had a good promotion going on and it only cost my 200 bucks.

I have no complaints about the bed liner - it doesn't have that "new spray" shine but after a couple winters in Ohio and summer in Texas I am very pleased.

FB

Quick Reply: Spray In Bedliner Reviews