SuperCrew

2006 Winch Mount

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2012, 01:53 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 Winch Mount

Hi Everyone,

New to the site but have been following it for some time now. I have looked and read thru quite a few posts but they are all pretty old

I am wondering if anyone has found a winch mount for a 2006 F150?

I have a Bull Bar on the front. Is it possible to put something on that? I would prefer something hidden somewhat but just looking at options now

Thank You!

Old 09-20-2012, 01:01 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The lower grille opening on the 2006 is smaller than the 2004-2005 models, and thus cannot accomodate the Warn Hidden Winch system. You can mount a front receiver hitch on your truck, and use a multi mount type carrier / cabling system to attach your winch which gives the advantage of allowing you to mount the winch front, or rear. Compatibility with your bull bar will vary depending on your bull bar I would think. I am having the same issue with my 2004. The least expensive alternative is to remove the brush guard / bull bar and install the hitch / multi mount system, however I actually use my brush guard a LOT... The next least expensive is the Go Rhino brush guard Winch Mount Grill Guard only, although adding the headlight protectors is pretty cheap once you have the center section...

Another option is to get with your local 4x4 shop and see what they can fab up. I am considering this as most likely my best option. But I am not sold on it yet.

Quick Reply: 2006 Winch Mount