SuperCrew

First New Truck

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2010, 09:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First New Truck

Just ordered a new 2010 Supercrew XLT, should hopefully be in within a few weeks.

I was at dealer today for a visit today, and they offered the Ford Maintenance Protection Plan for me to consider.

Since I plan on keeping the truck for at least 5 years, I'm seriously considering the offering. They quoted $1820 for 5 years/96000km's. Dealer from Northern Ontario, Canada

I'm curious to know how many out there in F150online community have gone with Fords maintenance protection plan. Is it really that much of a cost savings to prepay your scheduled maintenance ??

I have a few weeks to think about it before I pickup the new beauty.

This is my first post to F150online, gotta say the site looks pretty sweet

Cheers !!

Last edited by palamine; 08-17-2010 at 09:12 PM. Reason: finger check
Old 08-20-2010, 12:57 PM
Welcome to the site. Congrats on the new Screw. I have not ever purchased the Ford maintenace plan I think it's just personal preference. I like to get my hands dirty and I feel a whole lot better when I do the work on my truck. I know exactly what part gets put on and that its put on right.

Old 08-23-2010, 10:01 AM
Thanks tyebo168

I was talking with one of my buddies, and he just picked up a 2010 screw fx4, and he is also thinking of the prepaid maintenance plan.

Working on your own vehicle has it rewards for sure. I'll have to weigh the pro's and con's. Appreciate the comment tyebo168, Cheers !!

Old 08-28-2010, 02:52 PM
I have the protection plan. It has its pros and cons. The best thing I like about it is you don't have to pay for just about any service done on the truck (don't know if you have to buy tires when they go bad or not) but as far as any maintenance (oil changes, tire rotations, etc) that is needed on the truck, the cost is free, regardless of the issue. But thats only if you get bumper to bumper. Now the down side to having the plan is: Its only good at that dealership. I bought a premium plan for my wife's Mountaineer when we stayed in Wisconsin. Now, according to the dealership, "Yeah, you can use this plan anywhere a Ford dealer is located", which is total BS and a sentence they use to rope you in. So when we moved and arrived in Memphis, we pretty much just gave them $2000 because it was only good at the dealership it was bought from. So its worth it IMO if you plan on staying where you are during the term of the warranty.

Old 08-29-2010, 08:39 AM
Exactly the kind of feedback I was hoping for. thanks aj48198

I plan on keeping truck for at least 5 years, so the plan makes sense. I'll definitely confirm the plan coverage.

cheers !

Quick Reply: First New Truck