SuperCrew

Anyone order one lately? Trying to determine when mine will be scheduled!

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2000, 10:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Anyone order one lately? Trying to determine when mine will be scheduled!

Okay, I know this topic has been discussed but don't have much else to do while waiting for the Crew

Has anyone recently been given a build date? When was yours ordered? How long between order and schedule?

I think if we can get enough responses we can start to monitor the lead times.

Mine was ordered 08/29.

------------------
'97 F150 Lariat, Flareside, white/sliver, SC, ORP, 5.4 (FQR 8/99) running Mobil 1
Mods: 305/70/16 GY ATS, AR Baja wheels, dual exhaust, Smittybilt Nerf Bars, Edelbrock IAS Shocks, K&N Filter, Carbon Fiber Bug Gaurd and rigged the fog lights too.

On Order: Supercrew 4x4 Lariat, Black, 5.4 and all the goodies.
Planned mods: 305/70/16 ATS, AR Atlas 16x8, Dual Exhaust, Toneau Cover, Expedition Console Mod and Smitty Bilt Tube Steps.

Another great Ford truck site -www.fseries.com

Truck Pictures

Old 09-07-2000, 11:26 PM
Ordered 8-7, Priority 10, dealer had allocation and none on their lot. Accepted by Ford 1 1/2 weeks later, (There was one ordered delivery arriving that had to be finalized before my order could be accepted) then I had first priority. Scheduled build week 9-18.
Keeping all my fingers and toes crossed now!

------------------
Supercrew build date: Sept. 18th, ordered: 8-7. Silver XLT 4x4, 5.4L, power driver's seat, captain's chairs, lim. slip, skids, tow, cage, moonroof.
Planned mods: Cervini ram air hood with filter, throttle body spacer, Superchip?, 16" Centerlines with 275/70/16 BFG KO's, nerf bars, billet pedals, white-faced gauges, dash fit (fiber?), tail light covers, Stull ss grill, Glasstite cap?, Pioneer stereo/cd controller, Pioneer 12-disc changer, speakers, amp. & subwoofer

Old 09-07-2000, 11:43 PM
Unhappy

Kkirt1,

Welcome to Club "Impatience".........

As of today, I've now had 3 build dates since late June when I ordered. When they first checked on the computer at the dealership in early August, I had a build date of this week. Upon my getting the VIN, I started to keep track on my own, checking twice a week, after getting advice on using VOPC from fellow list members. When I 1st began calling VOPC I got a build week of
09-11, which was a week later than listed originally in "Concepts". Now today when I checked it, it's backed up to the week of
09-18. Now I'm starting to get aggravated.

I had no problem waiting 8-10 weeks because I was in no hurry, but now it doesn't look like the truck will be delivered before I go to the outer banks for vacation, which is where I was planning to play with my new toy on the beach and surf fish at the same time. At this point it looks like I'll be puttin' wet "stanky" fish in the back of my Expy for yet another OBX vacation.

I guess 1 consolation is that I'll have something to look forward to when I get back from NC. Your guess is as good as mine as to when your truck will arrive. There's no rhyme or reason to it. If you look at prior posts you'll see people that already have their trucks and had ordered theirs about the same time as I ordered mine. I'm just hoping that VOPC is off and the truck comes home on time...........

TL

Build dates of 09-04, 09-11 and now 09-18. What's next?.............09-25????? :>(

Old 09-08-2000, 01:48 AM
Red face

Ordered on July 12. Don't know when it was accepted by Ford. How can you tell? Priority 15, whatever that is. VOPC says as of Aug. 17 build date week of Sept. 18. No VIN yet. No word from dealer. I guess 2 weeks delivery time from KC Mo. to Bay Area Ca. ???

Old 09-08-2000, 10:20 AM
T21
Red face

Hey ya'll,

I don't want to bust anybody's bubble, but I got ya all beat. I ordered my Screw on 4/28/00 and it is finally being built this week. Delivery scheduled for week of 9/25 (but hopefully sooner). It was ordered as Priority 10, A-plan... The dealer told me when I ordered, it should be 4-6 weeks because of it being an A-plan order. Well, 19 weeks later, it's just being built. My patience has been wearing pretty thin. So I hope you guys (and Gals) are greatful to get yours in 8-10-12 weeks.

Later

Old 09-08-2000, 10:59 AM
Cool

Just got an email from my dealer. The truck has arrived, and now I'm scheduled to fly to IL next week.
Ordering details below.

------------------
(Currently) Ordered 4 May 2000 from AAFES Cancelled, and reordered from Hotze Ford on June 29th. Order accepted by Ford on 7/10; expected delivery 11th Sept 2000.
Ford F-150 SuperCrew 2001
Arizona Beige Clearcoat Metallic
Pickup Bed Extender
Power Moonroof
F-150 SuperCrew Lariat
5.4L Triton(TM) V8
Front Premium Leather-Trimmed Captain's Chairs with Console, Recliners, and Manual Lumbar Support (Driver's Side)
Electronic AM/FM Premium Stereo, Cassette and 6-Disc CD Changer
Trailer Tow Group, Class III
3.55 Limited Slip Axle Ratio

Old 09-08-2000, 11:20 AM
kkirt1,

Ordered from dealer 7/14. Priority 10, with one allocation per week from my dealer.

Order accepted by Ford on July 22. Did not get scheduled to be built until August 2oth with a build week of September 11th.

On Sept 7, "Vehicle locked in for production week of Spet 11th with a delivery date of Oct. 9th.

On Sept 8, "Vehicle scheduled to be built week of Sept 11th with a delivery date of Sept. 25.

I hope this helps.

------------------
2001 SCrew Lariat, 5.4L, 4x4, Arizona Beige, CD, Leather 60/40, Skids, Slider, 3.55LS, Tow Package, Block Heater. Future Mods: Plastic Bed Liner, Westin Chromed Stainless Step Bars, Front Hitch, Warn semi-hidden winch. Bed Cap. K&N Filter

Old 09-08-2000, 01:25 PM
Question

Just got told this morning that if I order one now I can have it by the end of October.
I then asked my sales rep why I keep hearing reports of order delays through this message board. He then did confess that they did have one that was ordered in July and had not yet come in. He is searching for what I what in other dealers stock and is suppose to let me know today. My current lease expires at the end of the month. I can lease month to month on the old one as long as i have an order in to Ford.

------------------
98 F150 XLT SC 139" WB 4.6L Automatic 3.55 Rearend Tow Package Toreador Red /Tan 5 Star Lariet Style 16" Wheels 255/70/16 OWL Goodyear AP Tires
Mods K&N Filter, Ranch SportLid Fiberglass Toneau
Tow 31FT. Glendette Deluxe Camper Trailer

[This message has been edited by Orval (edited 09-08-2000).]

Old 09-08-2000, 03:19 PM
Unhappy

Ordered at dealer July 25th. Checked the VOPC yesterday-----"Clean and Unscheduled"
***Christmas present?

------------------
2001 S-Crew Lariat(Ordered 7-28-00) due late Sept or Oct., 4x4, 5.4, Capt. Chairs, CD changer, Lmt. Slip, Tow Pack, Skid Plates, Slider, Steps, Moonroof, Cargo Cage, Oxford White over Graphite

Future Mods. ARE LSII in silver, Expy Console, Brush guard, Spray on liner.....

Old 09-08-2000, 03:29 PM
I placed my order 8/25. The dealer confirmed the order was accepted and the priority given was 10. Still no build date scheduled. I wonder how far in advance they typically notify you of the build date?
My concern is that I have another car to sell prior to picking up the new truck, and I want to time the sale of the old car as closely as possible to the arrival of the truck...... meanwhile spinning 27 plates, juggling chainsaws and standing on my head. So much in life is all about timing.....

------------------
SuperCrew 4x4 Lariat (ordered 8/25) Bright Red/Arizona Beige, Moonroof, Capt chairs, tow pkg, lim slip, sliding rear window, cab steps

Old 09-08-2000, 03:46 PM
Thumbs up

I must be living right! In June I finally decided on Chestnut, but found out it was no longer available. Then after much thought, I decided on Amazon Green -- no longer available. Finally, I placed my order(priority 10, no special plan) for a Dark Highland Green, XLT, 5.4L,4x4 with ltd slip and tow package on 8/22;

8/24 - clean and unscheduled;

8/25 - scheduled to be built week of 9/25;

No change on VOPC since 8/25.

It's looking like I'll have it in the 8-10 weeks. I can only hope things keep going this smoothly. (Although I probably just jinxed myself.)

[This message has been edited by crewboss (edited 09-08-2000).]

Old 09-08-2000, 04:40 PM
Cool

Well all I can tell yall is I ordered mine 9/1/00 at dealer in Laweezeeanna and he said"Well podna it will be here in 4-6 weeks" after he took my 500.00 deposit. Haven't heard a thing since. Hope mine is the exception instead of the rule. Man-19 weeks! Yikes thats serious bull crap. I've heard of delays but.... I thought Henry Ford created a way to mass produce. And anyway what happened to the production line. They can build a truck in a day not weeks or months. Lets keep the faith guys and gals. I just hope they still know how to build them one at a time and don't rush mine. Later-The BIG DADDY 2001 F150 S/crew Capts. Chairs-Leather/ Lariat pkg.(of course)/ 355 l/s /6-disc cd/ 5.4 Tritonian/Solid glass rear/Cab steps. I mean how much more standard can you get. No t.v.s no top hatch no rear slider oh yea H.D. tow pkg. Common factory dudes get with it before 2001 really gets here. THE WHITEBOY oh yea forgot ITS WHITE SOLID NO Panty waist two tone. Later for real BIG DADDY

[This message has been edited by Big Daddy Whiteboy (edited 09-08-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Big Daddy Whiteboy (edited 09-08-2000).]

Old 09-08-2000, 06:56 PM
Cool

I ordered mine about 2 weeks ago on 8/24. My dealer assured me that it'd be ordered at the "highest priority" and would be here around the "end of October". I tried to call my salesman (actually the fleet manager) a second ago to get a fax of the actual order.

He just called me back. I'm at priority 15. He thinks estimated delivery will be "around Halloween". I called him on the "highest priority" being 10 and he said that they assign it by sales period or something so they sold 4 W08 units in the sales period before I ordered. I'm having him fax me a copy of my actual order so I can start calling the VOPC and tracking it. He said to be that allocation isn't a priority for them, but I don't know whether to believe that or not.

This is what I ordered...paid $100 over invoice...

'01 SuperCrew 4WD, 5.4L, Lariat, Deep Wedgewood Blue w/ graphite captains chairs, moonroof, trailer tow, CD changer, cargo cage, skidplates, block heater, sliding rear window, and LSD in a way-too-tall 3.55 ratio.

I talked with the dealer about swapping to 4.10 gears. They said that they would do it but recommended driving with the 3.55s for a while to make sure I really needed the gears. I think I'll probably do that. I am having them install a bedliner (probably Rhino) and a bedcover (probably that sliding one made of lexan) along with the cabin air filter and locks for the gascap, wheels, and spare tire. All at cost. They are probably also removing the silly "Lariat" and "4X4" decals along with the pinstripes.

I can't wait!

------------------
On order (finally!)
2001 SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Deep Wedgewood Blue/Grphite Captains chairs
5.4L, trailer tow, sunroof, bed extender

Current truck: '90 Bronco 5.8L (slow gas hog, but tough as nails!)

Current car: '93 Probe GT lots 'o mods (sold! waiting for buyer to pick it up)

New Car (to me): '92 Stealth RT/TT (stock for now)

Old 09-08-2000, 09:53 PM
Angry

Ordered 8/4/00 with a priority of 10. Dealer said would be a 2-3 month wait. According to VOPC as of yesterday - I am still a proud member of the "clean and unscheduled" club.

------------------
2001 Supercrew 4X4/5.4/Tow Package/Limited Slip/17" Wheels/Oxford White w/ Silver - Ordered 8/4

Old 09-08-2000, 10:25 PM
I stopped at my dealership today. Even though VOPC still says, "as of August 17th, it's scheduled to be built week of 9-18", my salesperson said, "oh, we have a DELIVERY date on your truck as the week of 9-18." I was shocked, then she showed me that its locked in and now has a VIN!! She ordered another one for a customer in June, and they still don't know where it is!
The stars are shining brightly in my world!

Quick Reply: Anyone order one lately? Trying to determine when mine will be scheduled!