SuperCrew

Disappointed in the Supercrew

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2000, 04:18 PM
LRM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink Disappointed in the Supercrew

After waiting 14 weeks for delivery maybe the expectations were just too high. Man, am I disappointed! I've already got my Supercrew up for sale. For those of you who can still back out of your orders, do it NOW! Whatever you paid, it's too much. We have obviously all been taken in by devious marketing and an inability to admit that we got screwed. No one dare say anything bad about the Supercrew after they take delivery because they can't admit they made a mistake.

OK, all of the above is bull excrement. However, I couldn't resist. Nothing can be as good as you expect it to be, right? Wrong! In the case of the Supercrew, it is even better. The wait was more than worth it. I love absolutely everything about this truck and so do my jealous friends and neighbors. Recent Supercab and Suburban purchasers tell me that if they could do it again, or if the Supercrew were available a few months ago, they would get a Supercrew. The whole neighborhood is abuzz and I get nothing but compliments and longing stares. The only minor complaint is that the 6 CD player has skipped badly a couple of times. I don't know if it's a bad design or a bad unit. Other than that, I can't find enough reasons to drive this truck.

I hope you all read to the end of this message before the flame posts started and that I did not cause any heart attacks.

LRM

[This message has been edited by LRM (edited 04-30-2000).]

Old 04-30-2000, 07:40 PM
you had me for the first two lines, then i said to myself, "he's bullsh***ing". get the photos posted. we need to see green.

Old 04-30-2000, 08:17 PM
maz
I agree with USAF. Man, you had me for a couple of sentences...but you were laying it on so thick I quickly suspected you were pulling my crank shaft.

I totally relieved that you are loving your truck and can't wait to see some pics.

-Maz

------------------
On order: 2001 Supercrew 4X4 Lariat - Oxford White Exterior w/ Medium Parchment Interior-5.4L V-8 Engine-Trailer Tow Pckg-3.55 Limited Slip- Moonroof-Cabsteps-6 Disc CD-Leather Captains Chairs with console-Bed Extender-Engine block heater-2 Tone Paint.

Mods:
Ordered April 28: A.R.E. LS Series II Hard Tonneau Cover - $741 for the Tonneau, Installation and Tax

Still looking for BedRug type product.

Build Date: May 1 / Estimated Delivery Date: May 15

http://www.mazworld.com/supercrew
maz@ford-trucks.net

Geez: This signature is longer than most posts!

Old 05-01-2000, 02:11 AM
Geeeeze!!! LRM you almost made me pass out! I quit breathing after I started reading your post and forgot to start again after I was done. DONT DO ANYTHING LIKE THAT EVER AGAIN!

All I could think was "Oh man! What possibly could be wrong with his truck?!!!"

Old 05-02-2000, 12:39 AM
LRM
Wink

As I said, I couldn't resist. I know it was a dirty trick, but, nobody has had even one negative thing to say about the Supercrew. We can't let the folks at Ford think they hit a home run on the first try! OK, so I really can't find anything about which to complain. It was worth a try, if even for only a few seconds.

By the way, the cab steps are highly recommended for those of you with kids. My kids love the Supercrew. My 6-year-old daughter "camped out" in the bed on Saturday. She took her blankets, dolls, coloring books and cassette player out to the truck on Saturday and watched the world go by from her home in the bed. I was chasing kids out of the bed all day, but, I had to let her have her fun.

I already ordered a Superchip and have a Line-X appointment on Wednesday morning. Next mod? An airbox elimination kit such as Airaid or something of that ilk.

Hopefully, I'll have some pics to post tomorrow.

Old 05-02-2000, 01:17 AM
Bad Bad Joke!

But I will say that your CD changer is defective if it is skipping.

I have been on high speed runs on rough dirt road and rugged off roading and NEVER had a skip. Make them replace it...or at least register the complaint.

I totally agree on the cab steps for kids. Unfortunately my truck didn't have them ($250 MSRP) and I had to order them from parts dept. They are almost double the price and the "kit" had no hardware! Fortunately my dealer had told me it was comlete when I asked about it while ordering. So they put the bill for the 22 bolts and C-nuts.

congrats on the truck. By the way, the sprayed in liner and superchip make it the perfect machine

Joe

------------------
2001 SuperCrew 4x4 Lariat 5.4/4-spd auto, 3.55 l/s, elec xfer case, Skids, Class III tow, Stock 17"s, Oxford White/Med Graphite leather capts chairs, Rhinolined, SUPERCHIPS equipped
Planned: K&N FIPK (When they get the CARB # for 2001's)

Quick Reply: Disappointed in the Supercrew