SuperCrew

Billet Grilles

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2000, 11:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Billet Grilles

Does anyone know if existing F150 billet grilles will work with the SuperCrew?

------------------
Deep Wedgewood Blue 4X4 SuperCrew. 5.4, 3.55 LS, 17" R/T, Skid Plates, Sliding Glass

Old 03-06-2000, 05:37 PM
Cool

Hey guys-

I spoke to the auto broker (from whom I ordered my SuperCrew), and asked a similar question. According to them, the front ends on the 2001 SuperCrews are identical to 2000 F-150s.

The'll be installing a Ramsey front end wrap-around grille w/ a REP8000# winch, along with Rhino-Lining the bed and installing a custom dog-kennel for "muh bir' dawgs" (I raise, train, hunt over and campaign English setters).

Now if only I could figure out how to design the diamond-plate aluminum dog/tool box to compensate for the taper of the truck bed...
I want to bolt it to the outside rails.

Anyway, I hope this helps!

[This message has been edited by Setter Man (edited 03-06-2000).]

Old 03-07-2000, 12:43 AM
Question

USAF K9

Good question, I'd like to install a speed grill. I don't know if Ford made any body mods.

Old 03-07-2000, 12:57 AM
SetterMan,

Thanks for the input. I've been watching your posts and was curious (would assume) you've checked out the dog boxes available on line. Do a search for "dog boxes" and you will find quite a few. If not, I have a bunch bookmarked if you want the addresses.

My wife and I train police and search and rescue dogs. My wife and her golden just obtained advanced cert. for search and rescue. Myself I have a German Shorthair strictly for loving. Worked one that was trained as a firearms/explosive dog in the U.K. (Guess all this should be in another forum). Anyway, I'm considering a dog box as well. The sites I'm referring to do not specify having anything for the SuperCrew however, several do custom orders.

As a footnote, the one thing I have not seen in your posts is the issue with the wheel well which is quite close to the front (nearest the cab) of the bed. I'm sure your taking that into consideration, however, thought I'd throw that out if you hadn't.

Old 03-26-2000, 09:49 PM
Somebody educate me:

Billet grilles. Are there various types. Are some brushed, some chromed? Any preferable dealer?

Know nothing but want to see some chrome sitting within my wedgewood blue grille surround.

[This message has been edited by USAF K9 (edited 03-26-2000).]

Old 03-28-2000, 10:12 PM
USAF K9,

Sorry- I hadn't checked out this topic in a while, so I missed your post dated 3/7.

I ended up doing a scale-drawing of a custom box, and e-mailed it to a bunch of manufacturers. I've narrowed my choices down to two:
www.creativesportssupply.com www.clineline.com

Creative Sports Supply is considered to be the most popular manufacturer- to bird dog folks at least. However, the Cline Line product really sounds good...

In my design, I've limited the diameter of the dog box to 46", which will easily fit between the wheel wells. The T-top toolbox section, however, will be 70" across @ the back end, 68" across @ the front, to better match the taper of the bed. Mounted in place, however, I'll be left with just 35" of spare bed length...lucky the broker kept the bed extender on my order (I almost cxl'd it due to rumors of production delays associated with it...). With that, I'll have 53".

Brushed or chromed? Can't help you there. I'm going w/ black powdercoat on my brush guard (easy to maintain and/or re-paint scratched areas)...but a billet grille is a different animal!

Good luck!

Old 03-28-2000, 11:52 PM
Cool

I'd like to have the Silver eggcrate grill from the 2000 F150. I think the contrast looks better with the dark blue truck than the charcoal grey grill on the 2001. If anyone wants to swap, let me know.

------------------
2001 SuperCrew, 4x4 Lariat, Blue/silver, 5.4L Captains Chairs, 3.55LS, Moon Roof, Bed Extender, everything but the AV system & skid plates.(Ordered: 2/11/00, Build Date: week of 4/10, Delivery date: TBD)

Planned Mods: Sprayed-On Bedliner-(LineX); Hard tonneau-(*******, ARE, Stockland or Snugtop); Fiberglass Cab steps (Ford) or SS nerf bars; Gibson SS Dual Sport Cat-back system; SuperChip; K&N Air intake kit; Clear back-painted bug-deflector; (& Maybe: SVT Lighting wheels and Michelin Pilot LTX 285.60/HR18 tires.)

Quick Reply: Billet Grilles