SuperCrew

First Impressions

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2000, 05:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up First Impressions

After a 34 hour plane ride and a few hours sleep, I headed down to the local Ford dealership to see "The Crew" up close and personal. There was a white SuperCrew on the lot identical to the one I ordered except for color and power seats. MSRP 32,700 (and some change), dealer mark-up 37,700 and some change.

Turned right out of the dealership and right onto Interstate 80. You could have sat me in a Ferrari and I would not have felt more on top of the world. Then again, to me a truck is a Ferrari. This is a truck!

Things I liked:

5.4 felt nice. Plenty of pick-up and nice subtle but throaty sound.

Exterior. I've looked at this truck so long over the past few months that a shortbed 150 looks like the bed is too long. In person was no exception. This truck looks proportionate,unlike the mini crew cabs that have hit the market.

Interior. My favorite thing among so many favorite things, was the way the back seat went from the upright position to the folded flat position. At first I was trying to flip up the bottom seat, to flip forward the back. Nope. Just pull up on the lever on the bottom edge of the seat and everything drops in place. Solid.

The original salesman tried to do the "what if we could get you this truck for the same price as the one I had ordered" trick. After the third salesman (sales manager or something like that), he told me he couldn't match the price. Reality is, here in California, someone will pay between MSRP and dealer mark-up. I'm sure they'll get 35,000 for it until availability is increased.

Can't wait until delivery!

------------------
Deep Wedgewood Blue 4X4 SuperCrew. 5.4, 3.55 LS, 17" R/T, Skid Plates, Sliding Glass

Old 03-13-2000, 09:58 PM
Cool

Welcome home K9. I saw your Truck on Saturday in Langhorne Pa. Blue/Silver XLT. Salesman was asking $1000 off of MSRP. It looks terrific and the OE exhaust on the 5.4L isn't totally awful. The SS bed extender is a nicely engineered piece, so you may want to get one after the truck arrives. Maybe you can arrange a transfer to Maguire AFB (or is it closed now?)and save some $ on the truck. Then we can swap those wheels too!

------------------
2001 SuperCrew, 4x4 Lariat, Blue/silver, 5.4L Captains Chairs, 3.55LS, Moon roof, everything but the Bed extender & AV system.(Ordered 2/11/00)

Planned Mods: Sprayed-On Bedliner-(LineX); Hard tonneau-(*******, ARE or Snugtop); Fiberglass Cab steps (Ford) or SS nerf bars; Gibson SS Dual Sport Cat-back system; SuperChip; K&N Air intake kit; Clear back-painted bug-deflector; SVT Lighting wheels and Michelin Pilot LTX 285.60/HR18 tires.

Old 03-14-2000, 10:01 PM
Talking

Welcome back USAF K9. Thanks for your previous help with the wheels. I'll get to see my Supercrew in person in 2-3 weeks. It got as far as the coast but now has a sea voyage to go!

[This message has been edited by docker (edited 03-14-2000).]

Quick Reply: First Impressions