SuperCrew

Need to know HELP

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2000, 10:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Need to know HELP

I'm in the process of buying a SupCrew 4x4. Need to know the unladen (curb side) weight of a Supercrew with 5.4 or 4.6 eng.

I Tow boats frequently with my '88 Bronco which has seen its day. When the supercrew was intro'd, I thought this was the greatest thing since sliced bread. Open bed for lugging gear, and bigger cab than a SuperCab for tools & full sided adults to fit in back...

I live in New York (like Jersey) which has crappy rules in regards to non passager vehicles on Parkways. Pickups included. However this month they changed the law to allow Pickups under 5,000lbs to register as a passenger vehicle..... Please let me know If anyone out there received their truck yet. The weight is on the Title and on the door sticker.

Old 03-08-2000, 11:44 AM
Torpedo -- Shipping weight on our most recent XLT, 4x4, 5.4, Engine Block Heater, Sliding Rear Window, Trailer Towing Package and Power Driver's Seat is 4,878 pounds.

Old 03-10-2000, 07:02 PM
Thanks, I was about to order from the local dealer, this Saturday. Was on a job a few miles away, passed a dealer with the truck I wanted right out in front... Placed the deposit, will get this week!!!! I got the weight off the door but its the GVW. I don't know how New York State's gunna want to reg it... I'll figure something out... Thanks for the reply