SuperCrew

Anybody Got One Yet ?????

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2000, 05:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Anybody Got One Yet ?????

Well Do you?

------------------
98 F150 2WD,Bright Red, Regular Cab, 4.2, 3.55, 5 Speed, Superchip, 2 Superchip Decals (I Think They Add 5 HP Each), 3 Inch Bullseye Lift Spindles, Manik Grill Guard,Nerf Bars, Vent Visors,Air Box Mod, Fog Lights Mounted In Front Air Dam ,2 Kc DayLighters, Back Up Lights, Alpine CD Player, 2 Kenwood Amps, 10 Inch MTX Blue Thunder SubWoofer, Tinted Windows. 3 Inch Body Lift Kit Is Here And I've Ordered the 16.5 x 9.75 American Racing Baja Wheels Wrapped With 35x12.5x16.5 BFG All Terrains So When They Get Here I'll Be Having Fun That Weekend

'00 Toyota Celica GT( Wife's Car )

Pics @ http://www.angelfire.com/la2/ccla/

Old 02-10-2000, 06:35 PM
Cool

I checked with the dealer today. Expected delivery is the week of 2/28. That is a lot quicker than we first expected. My order was placed mid-January.

Old 02-11-2000, 01:59 AM
Still waiting for that baby to be delivered. Looks like late feb. for all of us. Also I haven't seen the 10 spoke wheels either. Can anyone post a pic of them. Really would like to see what my wife bought!

Old 02-11-2000, 01:36 PM
crewchief,

f150 supercrew sent me some pics. give me an email address and i'll forward.

if anyone knows how to post pics on the message board, please advise.

i also ordered the 17" rims blindly. not pleased with the look. they could have done better.

Old 02-12-2000, 01:05 AM
usaf k9, You can forward those pics to
wayne@hewus.com
I did see a poorly copied fax pic of the wheels, It looked like they might have come off of an ox cart. I'm sure your pics will be much better. Thanks, Wayne

Old 02-12-2000, 02:36 AM
crewchief,

went to ford site and saw pic of an expedition sport. it has the 17" XLT rim. small photo though, and you only see front passenger tire. however, gives a better perspective of how the wheel looks on a vehicle.

heading to work, will forward pics i got from f150 supercrew later. the rim pics are not to clear but "hats off" to f150 supercrew for his initiative and finally giving all us XLT 17" rim owners a peak.

Old 02-12-2000, 07:06 PM
Talking

I received a call from my salesman today to tell me that my truck is scheduled for delivery on Feb. 28. He also told me to come see the two trucks that they just recieved on the lot.
I went to the lot and saw 2 trucks for sale. They had a red with silver trim and a black one with silver trim both Lariat editions. The 17" wheels are ugly and will need replacing. Everything else is cool. I can't wait.

------------------

Old 02-15-2000, 11:01 PM
i saw mine tonight. the dealer called and said it was in so i ran up and checked it out. i'm taking delivery in the morning. they look great! i also ordered the 17's and after looking at them for a little while tonight i'm glad i diddn't change them. i'll let you know in a few days if they are as good as they look!

Old 02-16-2000, 03:00 AM
Question

CABFRAMER-

How close after you receivied your VIN# did you get a build date??? (See from earlier post build date to delivery was quick) Total time was real short for you, correct?

------------------
97' F150, blk, cap, 285's/python's

97 Expo'

Old 02-17-2000, 01:17 AM
Well I picked it up this morning and it's great! The ride is excellent, plenty of room, pretty good power, great fit and finish I even like my 17's! As far as my vin number to build date I can't offer much help. My dealer kept tellimg me that she didn't have vin yet and when she finaly it got my truck was sitting in their lot. One of their salesmen said that his had been on order since dec. 5, but he ordered the bed extender. Mine is a xlt, 4wd, 5.4, no moonroof or extender. Even with the wait I don't think any of you will be sorry. Good luck!

Old 02-17-2000, 02:37 AM
Congratulations Cabframer!
It gives the rest of us a little hope that ours will arrive soon also. Can't wait! But in the meantime could you post some pics of yours for us to drool over? -Crewchief

Old 02-23-2000, 12:10 AM
Thumbs up

Well the sales manager from my Ford dealer came to see me at work today. The good news is that my truck is no longer on "production materials hold". They don't have bed extenders yet so we had them axe it from our order. He said we should have build and delivery dates by the end of the week. Sooo... I'm still waiting.
On a lighter note, he took delivery of a white 2x4 xlt. this morning. So after work today me and my wife ran over there and took it for an extended spin around the block. We were actually all over town with that thing.
Let me say these trucks are awesome! The one we drove had the 5.4L w/3:55ls. Lots of power! Smooth shifting, handled extremly well and was fairly easy to manuever in a parking lot. The cab is roomy, lots of leg room front and back and those adjustable pedals are way too cool!( and I don't say that just because I'm only 5'8"). The seating in the split 60/40 configuration is very comfy with the exception of the front center spot which is a little too firm. Rear seating is very comfortable and is spaced away from the rear window so you don't knock your head every time the driver puts their foot down on the throttle. Lots of head room front and rear, you can load these trucks with six footers and they probably could leave their hats (Stetsons) on.
On the outside they are all truck. Tall profile and lots of clearance underneath and in the wheelwells and this was a 2x4. The body fit and finish looked to be first rate. Doors closed easily and solidly, I don't think there are going to be any cracks on these newly designed doors. Now about the bed of this truck I will say "Yes it is short." But you knew this already. Now I'll say "It doesn't look too short for this truck". Pictures of this truck don't do it justice, It is very impressive in person or is that "in truck form?". I can't wait to see our bright red 4x4!.
The Supercrew looks good! It isn't a Frankenstien monster or an afterthought. It looks and feels like a well thought out concept and design. I'm sure that the 30K buyers will be shelling out will be well worth it.
If you get the chance, drive one and you'll know why I babbled on and on and on....

Old 02-26-2000, 07:59 PM
Talking

I picked my truck up today. I ordered it on Jan 4, 2000. I got a Black Lariet with 5.4L. Engine, CD changer, 3.55 limited slip axle, leather captains chairs. The truck has tons of neat little extras. It drives great!

My only complaint is the standard 17" chrome wheels. I will replace them as soon as I decide on an aftermarket wheel.

Old 03-04-2000, 07:35 PM
LRM
Talking

Although I saw a SuperCrew (4x2 Harvest Gold) up close and personal at a dealer in Palm Springs during a business trip two weeks ago, yesterday, I spotted the first one actually on the local streets. It was an Oxford White (looked good, but, in my opinion, White is not a color)4x4 XLT. I followed the guy for a couple of blocks then he pulled into the local PEP Boys, so, I stopped and talked to him. He was there to get some running boards because he says his wife can't get up into the truck. I had to laugh. I'm 6'4" and my wife is 5'8", but, just in case, I ordered mine with the running boards.

BTW, it sported the infamous 17 in. 10-spoke wheels which I ordered sight unseen. Let me just say to anyone who ordered the same that you will like them. The pictures do not do them justice. They looked very sharp.

I can't wait now to get my Amazon Green/Silver Frost loaded XLT. Unfortunately, the VOPC says it's in a temporary production delay :-( End of April if I am lucky

Old 03-09-2000, 02:17 PM
LRM
According the VOPC (it was finally updated today), my truck is scheduled to be built the week of April 3. Looks like I might get it by the end of April after all.

BTW, mine is a two-tone, so the temporary delay on those must be over. At least they are scheduling them to be built.