SuperCrew

new order

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-1999, 10:44 PM
MAR
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post new order

I HAVE ONE ORDERED. NOT SURE IF IT WAS BUILT YET. HAVE VIN, BUT NO PRICE. WAS TO BE BUILT IN MIDDLE DECEMBER, BUT CANNOT BE SHIPPED OUT OF PLANT BEFORE JAN. 02,BY LAW, BECAUSE IT IS A 2001. HEARD RUMORS THE 5.4 OPTIONAL ENGINE MIGHT COME THRU AS A 32VALVE?

Old 12-15-1999, 01:25 PM
MNL
Question

Can the new Crew be ordered already? When should it start arriving in dealers.

Thanks
MNL

Old 12-15-1999, 02:01 PM
J-C
Thumbs down

I understand the base price is $26755 - a little more than a Super Duty. If you need a little truck with seating for four you might consider this.
If FMC is building this to compete with the wimpy Nissan crew-cab, they are wasting their time. Ford should not lower itself to competing with wimps.
If you want a real truck that will seat four (or more) at a reasonable price, think Super Duty

Old 12-15-1999, 03:55 PM
26k base? Wow! No Supercrew here! My truck with all the options was 26k!

Old 12-15-1999, 05:45 PM
Hey MAR, I'm afraid having the 32 valve 5.4 as an option is just rumor. It will be the 260 hp engine in all of our trucks. I am supprised at the price of the truck. Logically, it should be less expensive than a Superduty. Think about it: lighter components, less steel, etc. I guess they will sell every one they build, so the price is right!

Old 12-15-1999, 10:20 PM
MAR
BASE PRICE IS HIGH BUT INCLUDES MANY STANDARD ITEMS.AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION AND A/C ARE STANDARD, NO MANUAL AVAILABLE JUST LIKE MY 97 EXPEDITION. OPTIONS ORDERED: LARIAT, 5.4 ENGINE, TOWING PACKAGE, L/S REAR, SLIDING REAR WINDOW, WHITE/GOLD PAINT, 6-CD CHANGER. THIS IS LOADED EXCEPT FOR A SUNROOF, WHICH I DIDN'T WANT. I PLACED THE ORDER IN OCTOBER, TO BE BUILT IN DEC. AND DELIVERED IN MIDDLE JANUARY.

Old 12-16-1999, 10:56 AM
J-C
Thumbs down

I ordered a Sliding Rear Window in my SD Crew Cab. What a waste My arm's too short to open/close it. I should've gotten an after-market Power Slider.
Since I rarely use it (once!), I cannot justify replacing it with a Power Slider, now.
If they haven't built it yet, you can call and have them DELETE the Slider and save $100.
Good Luck

Old 12-16-1999, 05:53 PM
Question

MAR, Was the dealer willing to deal with you on the price? If so how much did you get odd the sticker?

------------------
Michael
99f150@pickupman.com
mkrieger@mailcity.com
99 F-150 XLT Supercab, 4x2, Bright Red/Harvest Gold, 4.2L, Automatic, 3.55LS, 255/70R16 Goodyears, Captains Chairs, Keyless Entry, CD Changer, Tow Package

Accessories: SuperChip, Donnelly Compass Mirror, Lariat Wheelwell Moldings and Bumper Cap, Ford Splash Guards, Bug Shield, Bed Mat, WeatherTech Deflectors, Mobil1 Synthetic Oil

Modifications: Painted Tailgate Handle, A/C on/off switch

Old 12-17-1999, 08:16 AM
When I was researching the Supercrew and Exy back in October, my dealer said they would charge $1000 over invoice for an order for the Supercrew, and a bit more than that for trucks on the lot. A lot of dealers were charger sticker and higher for Excursions, but these people were $1500 over invoice for those. A lot of dealers will be charging sticker for the Supercrew, but some dealers that are more interested in future profits from repeat sales might not be. Bottom line is no matter how much you want the truck DON'T PAY STICKER! Keep looking, you can find it for less. BTW, kbb.com has the pricing on line now.

------------------
'93 Regular Cab XLT Shortbed, 5.0, K&N, Borla, 160,000 miles; Future Expedition owner.

[This message has been edited by Tenderpaw (edited 12-17-1999).]

Old 12-17-1999, 02:44 PM
I drove one about a month ago. It's nice having friends in the right places. THat and living close to Detroit.

The 5.4 was the same as my 2000. The bed is a little funny shaped at the back end. Kind of a cross between the styleside and flair side. The inside was great with lots of room.

I still like to use a truck for a truck though. Taking bed space for cab space is not a good trade IMHO. THey should have made the truck a foot longer. I'll keep mine and wait for a f150 SC/SB diesel to come out.

-jeff b.

------------------
2000 F150 4x4 SC/SB 5.4 ORP Lariet Oxford White with Harvest Gold 2 tone.

[This message has been edited by FarmBoy (edited 01-05-2000).]

Old 12-17-1999, 04:16 PM
I think Ford came out with the supercrew to follow in this pickup truck w/ 4 doors trend, not to compete with Nissan per se... but possibly with Dodge Dakota Crew Cab (Four Wheeler Magazine Truck of the Yeaer). If I want something with 4 doors I'll sport around in a honda and only have to fill my gas tank up every other week

Old 12-19-1999, 12:33 AM
I think the SuperCrew's a great idea. I've got 4 kids (3 teenagers and a kidlet). That makes six folks who go out often together. I just don't like the automatic-only thing with the SuperCrew.

Tina's got it right, I think. I'd go for the Super Duty Crew Cab. A SD XLT with the 5.4 with the 5 speed and is probably not much more expensive than a SuperCrew. And with the SD you get the 6-and-a-half foot bed (or even an 8 foot), plus the SD look.

------------------
Black 2000 SC short-box XLT. 4.2 V-6, 5-speed, 3.55 Limited Slip. Side steps, CD, remote entry, factory box liner. My add-ons: Older Windstar (driver's side) wiper blade - the one with the air scoop, because I don't slow down when it rains; "f150online" sticker and snazzy Tweetie Bird floor mats.

My second of the "new" F150s. Great trucks!

Old 12-19-1999, 12:51 AM
Two other considerations I had after posting my reply, above: (1) Do you like the F-250 SD look or do you prefer the F-150? Personally, I really do like the F-150, both inside and out, though the SD cut-down doors are neat. And (2) does the extra length make a difference? My F-150 SC Short Box is too long to fit in my garage, so it sits outside. Length's not a factor.

Like my signature says, they're all great trucks. Enjoy!

------------------
Black 2000 SC short-box XLT. 4.2 V-6, 5-speed, 3.55 Limited Slip. Side steps, CD, remote entry, factory box liner. My add-ons: Older Windstar (driver's side) wiper blade - the one with the air scoop, because I don't slow down when it rains; "f150online" sticker and snazzy Tweetie Bird floor mats.

My second of the "new" F150s. Great trucks!

Old 12-19-1999, 11:22 AM
I heard the SuperCrew is only 1 foot longer than an extended cab short bed. That may be the difference between the SuperCrew in the garage and the SuperDuty sitting outside.

------------------
'97 F150 Lariat, Flareside, white/sliver, SC, ORP, 5.4 (FQR 8/99) running Mobil 1
Mods: 305/70/16 GY ATS, AR Baja wheels, dual exhaust, Smittybilt Nerf Bars, Edelbrock IAS Shocks, K&N Filter, Carbon Fiber Bug Gaurd and rigged the fog lights too.

Old 12-21-1999, 06:00 PM
J-C
Thumbs up

When I ordered my SD CC, I initially ordered the short-bed because it would fit in my garage. While awaiting a build date, I realized that a real truck didn't belong in a garage, so I changed my order to the long-bed and bought a CoverCraft cover for the truck.
If budget is primary concern, get a SD CC and SAVE $$$$.
Good Luck.

------------------
1999 F-250 XLT Super Duty Crew Cab Long Bed
V-10, Automatic 4R100, 4.30 Limited Slip.
GVW = 6700# Towing Capacity = 13,300#
4 Wheel ABS disks + Reese 15K hitch
Dark Hunter Green. Ford Running Boards.
Grey Rhino-Liner. Captain's Chairs. CD+Tape
Polished Stainless Steel Wheel-well Molding http://members.home.net/jchartier/jnctrk.html

Quick Reply: new order