SuperCrew

vibration/rubbing at slow (turning) speeds

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2009, 07:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
vibration/rubbing at slow (turning) speeds

For anyone that has had this problem or had it fixed, what was your solution? You would know exactly what I am talking about if you felt the vibration/rubbing at slow speeds while turning or parking your crew. I have read that it could be caused by the rotors being warped due to over tightening of the lug nuts? Until today (I just learned of the rotor theory) the dealer has been telling me that even though they observed the vibration and rubbing they don't know what it is? Any info would be great thanks
my truck is an 02 supercrew 77,000 miles

Old 08-31-2009, 08:06 AM
APT
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Probably the clutches in the LSD. They have to be replaced.

Old 09-07-2009, 10:40 PM
I was told it was coming from the rear end and they added some stuff to the rear end fluid that smelled really bad... I still have the problem.. I was told it was my shocks, I was told it was ball joints , I was told it was cv Joints and then firestone said it was the rotors, the ball joints and a front end alignment ... Wow I would really feel bad if I got all this done and the problem was still there.. I have gone under the truck and greased each pat of the front end to see if the sound changes..Seems to get better when I grease the steering idler arm >> Just a guess

Old 02-01-2013, 11:34 PM
Have you checked the wheel bearings?

Quick Reply: vibration/rubbing at slow (turning) speeds