SuperCrew

square blind spot mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 02:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
square blind spot mirrors

Does ford offer that nice square blind spot mirror for the driver side like they do on the passenger side? my local dealers parts dept. didn't have any and couldn't get them.

Old 08-19-2008, 10:43 PM
If what you're talking about is the style in the link at bottom, I liked this style of mirror and found a pair very similar to it at Autozone for dirt cheap. Very "factory" looking install in the corner and mine's been on a year on both drivers and passenger sides with the 3M tape with no issues. Be careful to allow free travel of the mirrors when you set it in the corner though. Wasn't careful onthe passengers side and it bumps against the mirror housing when I adjust it sometimes. I hate the "bulls-eye" fish-eyes that distract most folks and this works great.

http://www.mlive.com/business/index....er_blinds.html

Old 08-19-2008, 11:12 PM
If what you're talking about is the style in the link at bottom, I liked this style of mirror and found a pair very similar to it at Autozone for dirt cheap. Very "factory" looking install in the corner and mine's been on a year on both drivers and passenger sides with the 3M tape with no issues. Be careful to allow free travel of the mirrors when you set it in the corner though. Wasn't careful onthe passengers side and it bumps against the mirror housing when I adjust it sometimes. I hate the "bulls-eye" fish-eyes that distract most folks and this works great.

http://www.mlive.com/business/index....er_blinds.html

Old 08-20-2008, 09:36 AM
APT
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My first advice calls for a free fix first. Adjust your mirrors properly before deciding you need anything extra. Most people have their side mirrors adjusted to see behind them with significant overlap between them and the rearview mirror. If I am behind someone and can see the drivers face in 3 mirrors, they are not adjusted correctly. Start with this. I have never found a need for more than the three OEM mirrors on any vehicle I've driven. Okay, when I tow a trailer or have something blocking my rearview mirror, I bring the side mirrors in a little siice I do not have towing mirrors.

Reference 1
Reference 2

Quick Reply: square blind spot mirrors