SuperCrew

overdrive fuse blown

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 10:13 PM
wow
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry overdrive fuse blown

The overdrive fuse blows on my 2002 f150 super crew every time it tries to engage. It has a 5.4 engine and an automaatic transmission. Could it be the overdrive switch? Where is the switch? Could it be a speed sensor? Any ideas? THANKS
WOW

Old 01-25-2008, 08:56 PM
Here is something for you to check.

Unscrew the tilt wheel lever left of steering colum, look under colum trim and use a straight pick to push the lock cylinder retainer pin up while turning key to the on position, remove lock cylinder assembly, remove 3 screws from bottom of colum covers, remove upper and lower trim covers, remove dust cover from lower gear shift lever, shift lever to a lower gear, look at the wires coming out of the bottom of the shift lever and see if there chaffed making contact with metal. If they are then you need a new shift lever and that will come with a internal wire assembly. This may be causing your issue. But usually when this happens the o/d off light will come on/off

Old 07-17-2011, 11:13 PM
I know this is an old thread, but it came up in my Search and saved me a BUNCH of aggrevation. Thank you Bubby!! I found some chaffing on that wire. I didn't replace the lever. I used some Shoe Goo, then some tape, then some more Shoe Goo to insulate where it had barely worn through. I also coated the metal area where the wire rubs with some Shoe Goo. I don't think it will ever wear through again.

Quick Reply: overdrive fuse blown