SuperCrew

Aftermarket Antenna...

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 09:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aftermarket Antenna...

I need to buy a shorter antenna for my 4X4...it scrapes the inside of the garage door each time we go in and out. I'd guess the antenna is probably 1 inch or less too long...

Anyone know where I can get an aftermarket antenna that is about 1 inch shorter than the facory antenna? I'm not looking for one of those stubby things, I'd like it to look as close to what's on it as possible.

We have a 2007 F-150 Supercrew 4 X 4.

The funny thing is that we had no idea this would be a problem...our previous Supercrew was a 4x2 and wasn't a problem.

Thanks...

Old 06-10-2007, 10:51 PM
it wont hurt it to be hitting

Old 06-11-2007, 09:52 AM
http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/P...000501/c-10101

I got the 12" black powder.

I personally had the same problem. I know it wasn’t going to hurt anything to leave the stock antenna on however my garage is tight height and width wise. When I would hear the antenna hit against the underside of the garage door I thought I was running into something with the side of my truck until I realized what the sound was.

Plus it makes it tons easier to wash your windows at the gas station or to scrape the frost/snow of without having to fight that full size antenna.

Last edited by Ash575; 06-11-2007 at 09:54 AM.
Old 06-11-2007, 10:31 AM
You can easily cut your stock antenna to pretty much any height that you want it to be. I cut mine to about one inch above the cab so that if I am entering a parking garage (as little as that ever happens) and the antenna touches, time to find somewhere else to park.

Old 06-11-2007, 03:35 PM
Thanks for the link...I appreciate it. I figured there was something out there and this Forum is THE BEST.

I didn't think it would hurt anything leaving the factory one on, but it is LOUD as it hits the supports of each of the door panels! Plus, I didn't want it marring up the door supports and then with the paint scraping off the antenna I get rust too.

thanks again-

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Antenna...