SuperCrew

Battery going dead?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 03:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Battery going dead?

06' screw 29,000 kms ( something like 17,000 miles)

Anyways the other morning I come out and the truck barely turns over So I figured we left the portable DVD player on or something , then Sat. night it happens again only this time it doesn't start. I was installing Sirius in my truck listen to the radio for Maybe 15 minutes ( no lights on etc) go to start it and it just start clicking ..... still some batt power i.e dome lights on . So i checked the cable / connections and everything is clean and tight

So I got a jump and all's fine now, problem is I thought I read in the manual that the truck has something where it saves enough power to start regardless? is my Battery shot? the dash readout says "charging system OK " is this a common thing?
Just wanted some info befor I run it to the dealer?

Old 05-07-2007, 08:53 PM
Go to a battery place and they can put a load on the battery and tell you weather or not it is bad or not. We have a few where I work so if you know a good mechanic that could bring one home or most construction places with garages usually have them.

Old 05-08-2007, 05:22 PM
Originally Posted by skip nay
Go to a battery place and they can put a load on the battery and tell you weather or not it is bad or not. We have a few where I work so if you know a good mechanic that could bring one home or most construction places with garages usually have them.

Yeah I know........ Just wanted to know if this is a common problem with the truck and/or if anyone has exprienced this ?

Old 05-08-2007, 05:28 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
i know when my stock battery was on its last leg it did this, it lasted 3.3 years and 40k So i dont think you are quite due in yet. What you can do is pull the fuses over night and see if the battery still dies on its own, or disconnect power cable etc. then you know its not an electrical fault in the truck thats causing your problems

Old 05-08-2007, 05:54 PM
Originally Posted by Patman03SprCrw
i know when my stock battery was on its last leg it did this, it lasted 3.3 years and 40k So i dont think you are quite due in yet. What you can do is pull the fuses over night and see if the battery still dies on its own, or disconnect power cable etc. then you know its not an electrical fault in the truck thats causing your problems
My 01 intrepid with 260,000kms was still on it's original battery , and I had a high drawing steroe as well, kinda shocked the hell out of me when it didn't start

Old 05-11-2007, 02:14 PM
LRG
It does seem a little early to me as well, but it's been my experience that when the stock battery goes, it goes fast like that.

Quick Reply: Battery going dead?