SuperCrew

Window switch bezel

Old 04-12-2006, 03:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Window switch bezel

We have an 01 SuperCrew. The passenger side plastic bezel that holds the window and door switches will not stay in place - the small piece has broken.

I called the dealership and found just the plastic bezel for $12... my question is this: how difficult is it to get the switches out of the old bezel and how easy are they to put into the new bezel? I see that the switches themselves just plug in....

thanks for any help you can give.

Old 04-17-2006, 10:10 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Once you pop up the trim panel with the switches in it ( I used a large putty knife wrapped in a shop rag the first time, I have since gotten plastic interior tools ), There are release clips holdign the wiring harness on. Remove the wiring harness, and after this, if memory serves me correctly, the switch assy is held in with clips on the front and rear of the switch housing. Release the clips, and pull the switch assy through the back of the trim panel.

It has been some time since I was in the door of my old '01 SCrew, but this is sticking in the back of my mind for some reason. Someone might be along to correct me if needed.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Window switch bezel