SuperCrew

Seatbelt "Extender"

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2005, 03:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seatbelt "Extender"

I regularly travel with my two Labrador Retriever puppies in the back seat of my '01 SuperCrew. Those two puppies just keep getting bigger and bigger! I recently figured out that if I remove the headrest on the 'double' seat behind the driver's seat, I can fold that 'double' seat flat making a nice big place for my dogs and still have a seat for my teenaged son. My dogs always wear harnesses that have a tether that fits into the seatbelt receptacles keeping them snug and secure and they won't fly into the back of my head in a panic stop!

Here's my problem - when the seatback is flat, one of the seatbelt receptacles is unreachable. I need an "extender" of sorts so I can push it through and up behind the seatback. If I could find an "extender" that gives me two receptacles that would be even better! Does anyone have any ideas where I could either buy this pre-made or have one made?

Thanks very much in advance,
sooze

Old 07-11-2005, 03:53 PM
I saw this sight searching on Google. http://www.seatbeltpros.com/products.htm
You may try Google and do a search for seatbelt extensions. You wont get anything from a dealership though. I had the little button break on my strap and Ford does not want to be liable...

Old 07-11-2005, 04:33 PM
Thanks Fordman.

Originally Posted by fordman4life
I saw this sight searching on Google. http://www.seatbeltpros.com/products.htm
You may try Google and do a search for seatbelt extensions. You wont get anything from a dealership though. I had the little button break on my strap and Ford does not want to be liable...
Do you mean the little button that keeps the "slider" latch from sliding all the way down? I can't believe that Ford would not replace that for you!

I realize that you are a "fordman4life" but you might be able to get something from a Chevy dealer (don't yell at me....yet!) I had a '93 Chevy AstroVan and the retainer button broke and I was able to get a replacement button from Chevy. It used to annoy the heck out of me when I had to go "fishing" for the seatbelt latch!! Also, another one of my cars has a button that is just stitched on. You could get a plain button, a sharp upholstery needle and just stitch on a replacement. Just a couple of suggestions.

Hmmm...you didn't say, maybe you got the replacement button you needed from seatbeltpros! Doh!

Thanks again,
sooze

Old 07-11-2005, 07:23 PM
I had to set up an appointment to have the whole seatbelt assembly replaced, under warranty.

Quick Reply: Seatbelt "Extender"