SuperCrew

help with new key and keyfob

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2005, 12:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question help with new key and keyfob

Okay, I lost my key & keyfob for my 2001 SuperCrew.

Is getting a replacement set from the dealer my only option since I only have one key & keyfob remaining?

I'm pretty sure I bought a replacement keyfob several months back off eBay (if I can find it!) Can you program a replacement keyfob with only ONE working keyfob?

I've heard it's very expensive from the dealer. This whole thing is making me $ick!

Thanks for all your help!

sooze

Old 06-01-2005, 08:10 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think you can buy the keys and fobs on Ebay, but the dealer is gonna have to program the key.

Old 06-01-2005, 01:21 PM
Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts
Here's the link to a search, that may be informative for you>

https://www.f150online.com/forums/se...searchid=18429

Old 06-01-2005, 05:31 PM
Actually, I think you can program the key yourself, but it's a major PIA. I had the dealer do one for me a few years ago on a Ranger I bought used. He did it for free. But I've spent a lot of money over the years there so I get a lot of stuff for free from him. Buy the key and fob off ebay or wherever, and see what you can get from your dealer. He just might help ya out if he wants you to come back.

Old 06-01-2005, 08:22 PM
I work for a ford dealership, and its quite simple. First off- key programming is completely different than fob programming. To program a fob, cycle the key in the ignition from off to run (not start), eight times ending in the run position. The eighth time the door locks will cycle up and down on their own to signal that youve entered programming mode. Press any button on the remote, and the locks will cycle again to signal that it successfully accepted the remote. If you have another remote simply press any button on that remote and the locks will cycle again. You must have all key fobs with you during this procedure. The system will "push out" any remotes that existed before but were not reprogrammed. Now to program a key, you MUST have TWO working keys. If you do not have two working keys, the dealership is the only way to proceed. If you do have two keys, simply insert the first key into the ignition and turn it to the run (not start) position (the theft light on the dash will come on steady) and then take the key back out. Quickly repeat this procedure with the other working key. Now take the new key and repeat the same process. If it worked, the theft light on the dash will come on steady just like the previous two. If you screwed up, the theft light will flash rapidly. Remove the key and your'e ready to go! Hope this helps!!!

Old 06-01-2005, 08:50 PM
I agree with FORDDEALS on this issue, since I too was in your place several months ago--I bought a "used" 2004 with only one key and one keyfob.

There are some on-line options:
Replacement PATS keys
OEM keyfobs

Here's my advice--get two additional keys made! It only costs you the price of the key, as the programming doesn't differ from one to two keys. You will always have a spare, and if you lose on, you still have two and can program the third yourself!

The process for programming spare keys and spare key fobs is in your owner's manual, and outlined in detail above.

Good luck! e-mail me if you need more info.

Old 06-02-2005, 11:47 PM
If it worked, the theft light on the dash will come on steady just like the previous two. If you screwed up, the theft light will flash rapidly. Remove the key and your'e ready to go!
So what happens if you screw up? Can you just start over???

Thanks for all your help.

sooze

And I'll definitely have more than one programmed!!!

Old 07-28-2005, 03:42 AM
Sorry to resurrect this thread, but my mom was having a hard time getting a good deal on a 2005 Escape, though we found a good dealer and just bought one Monday night. I would like to get a third key for it, and just bought a blank on ebay to get cut and program myself, but does anyone have an answer to sooze's question about if you screw something up? Thanks and lot and have a good day!

Old 07-28-2005, 09:16 AM
If it does not accept the third key just stat over from the beginning and try again. If it still does not accept it you probably got a bad key from ebay.

Quick Reply: help with new key and keyfob