SuperCrew

Suspension Redone

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2005, 12:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Suspension Redone

I just installed SVT Lightning springs on the crew last night. Let me say that this was the easiest spring swaps I have ever done. No need to seperate ball joints or use spring compressors. It took me about 1 hour 20 minutes, start to finish. I was looking to lower the front 2" with Hotchkis springs but found some 04 Lightning springs on Ebay for $50 so I decided to go with them. The stance is just what I wanted. It's 1" lower than before. The ride is also what I was looking for. It's a little firmer but not too firm. I also installed Bilsteins this weekend (lightning spec on the front, and heavy dutys on the back). I wish I would have made these changes a long time ago. If anyone is wondering, the lightning and the Harley Supercrew use the same springs. I'll post pics as soon as I have a chance to wash the truck.

Old 04-14-2005, 01:44 PM
Congrats! I did the coil switch myself about 6 months ago - and I'm pleased as well. I haven't done the shocks yet, but everything I read tells me I'll be happy with them. If you get a chance, will you post the part numbers on the shocks?

Also, I'm planning on putting 285/50/20s on mine as well - any clearance problems? I kinda figured I'm safe, but it's always nice to hear for sure. Congrats again!

Old 04-14-2005, 03:04 PM
You were the one that told me a couple of months back that the lightning and harley had the same SVT springs.

Part number for the front is 2478-H1. It is the part number for a standard Lightning Bilstein shock. I can't remember the rear part number but it is the standard Heavy Duty replacement for the Supercrew. I'll look at the part numbers when I get home this evening. I had ordered Lightning Bilsteins all the way around but then I found out the rears were on national back-order so I went with the standard replacement. I also reasoned that this setup would be a good match for my springs. I would suggest getting the shocks from Shox.com. They were the cheapest I found, considering shipping is free. I got mine for $254.80. My truck just turned 100,000 so my stock shocks were shot. You will not believe the difference when you change them.

The only problem I have with the tire size is.....full lock the inside of the tire will rub the sway bar, but I can live with that.

Old 04-15-2005, 09:29 AM
Here's a quick pic I took this morning. The light wasn't great but it's the best I could do. Now I need to bring the rear down 1 more inch to level it back out. I'm thinking of taking the running boards off. I think it's low enough now that the wife and kids won't need them.

The part numbers for the shocks are
Front BE5-2478-H1
Rear BE5-2479-H0

Old 04-16-2005, 03:27 AM
Thanks for the info on the shocks - I'll file that away for future reference. Your truck looks great!

Quick Reply: Suspension Redone