SuperCrew

cabin air filter

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2011, 05:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
whats sad about this whole thing of our f150 dont have an cabin air filter.. is that my truck listed for $42,000 and i had an chevy HHR 19,000 that had one in it.

Old 01-08-2013, 02:17 PM
Originally Posted by RedSCrewinSD
Does anyone have pics of one installed? What to cut out, brackets mounted, etc. I might have found a vendor that carries the parts. Gonna order next week and report back.
Where U able to get parts?

Old 01-08-2013, 02:18 PM
Originally Posted by snappylips
Sorry about the delay, I completely forgot yesterday.

The part numbers I have for the cabin air filter install are:

F65Z-19B736-AA Cabin filter cover
F65Z-19871-AA Cover bracket "A"
F65Z-19871-BA Cover bracket "B"
W701696-S421 Bracket mounting screw
N605758-S58 Cover mounting bolt

The cover and brackets ARE the same numbers included in the F65Z-18D477-AA Cabin air filter kit, which was obsoleted long ago. The screws and bolts are NOT the same as what came in the kit. Because Ford decided not to assign part numbers for the screws and bolts in the kit, I had to find suitable, albeit not exact, replacements.

Installation: Under the dash, below the glove box area, you will see a trapezoid shaped cover held in place by three screws. Remove the screws and cover to reveal the pre-fabbed duct work.

The brackets come tapped with 4MM holes. I searched the dealers hardware bins for 4MM bolts with either built-in or captured washers, but could find none. I opted to go up a size to 5MM bolts with built-in washers. To use these, you will need to drill the existing holes out with an 11/64 bit, and re-tap the holes to 5 X 0.8MM. Very easy, took about twenty minutes to do.

Looking upward from the floorboard, you'll see a blockoff plate that's molded into the ductwork. It's approx. 1 X 9" (going from memory here). Cut the blockoff plate out.

Using the W701696-S421 screws, mount the brackets to their respective bosses.

Here's where it gets a little tricky. Holding the cover in place, thread one or more of the N605758-S58 bolts in, JUST ENOUGH to feel the bolt give resistance. Back it out one turn, and take note of how much clearance is between the cover and the bolt's washer. This is how much the bolt needs to be trimmed by cutting/filing/grinding, or however you choose to make the bolt shorter.

**Added: You can bypass the custom work of re-tapping holes, and trimming bolts, by locating 4mm bolts of the correct pitch. It helps to have one of the brackets with you.**

Once you've finished trimming the bolts, get yourself a cabin filter

Baldwin PA4133
Hastings AF1057
Fram CF-8631
Motorcraft FP7A
Purolator C45384
Wix 24876

put it in, bolt the cover down, and you're done!

Then it's Miller Time.

SL
Thank you very much. Would you have an install sheet or sheets.

Quick Reply: cabin air filter