SuperCrew

Turn signal working intermittently

Old 02-06-2005, 10:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Turn signal working intermittently

Anyone had any cases of your turn signals working fine sometimes, and others not, blinking fast like a burned out bulb? It's only happening on my driver's side. Sometimes it works fine, other not. Can even be the same day. I haven't had to change a bulb yet, so I don't even know how do it on this truck.

Old 02-11-2005, 02:19 AM
Changing both bulbs on that side of the truck may fix the problem, if not, you may have a multi-function switch problem. Search multi function switch for more info. if the bulbs don't take care of the problem. As far as replacing the bulbs goes, open the hood, look for the screw that holds the assembly in place. Remove it, pull the light assembly out-it may be stubborn-and replace the bulb. On the back, open the tailgate and you'll see two bolt heads. Keep the tail light from falling with one hand, and unscrew the bolts with the other hand using a nutdriver or ratchet/socket combo. Now would be a good time to put Silverstar bulbs in for the stop/tail/turns, and Designtech 50 watt back up bulbs, BUT, make sure your problem is fixed with standard cheapo bulbs first. Good luck with it.

SL

Old 02-11-2005, 06:02 PM
turn Signal

I'm having the same problem and discovered that it only happens when the tilt wheel is down. Thinking that a maybe a wire is broken but the problem has gotton worse in onlya few days. Now it is left or right or flashers out completly if tilt the wheel all the way. Partialy tilted gives fast blink indication and all the way ustill works. Found this link :
https://www.f150online.com/forums/ar.../177437-1.html
and this one
https://www.f150online.com/forums/ar.../180384-1.html

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Turn signal working intermittently