SuperCrew

Lights in footwell

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2005, 03:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Lights in footwell

I have an '03 Super Crew XLT, in the front part of the truck there are no lights below the dashboard that shine onto the floor where your feet go. Does anybody have a fancier trim line that includes these under dash lights?

If not, has anybody installed aftermarket lights that would be close to stock in brightness? I'm not looking to "pimp my ride" so to speak, just some additional lighting to make the interior nicer at night.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts, best wishes for a good '05

Old 01-06-2005, 08:40 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I used some white LEDs from Signaldynamics.com. They are the indicator / bulkhead types :
http://www.signaldynamics.com/produc.../indicator.asp

You might be able to find them locally, this is just where I got them at.

I put them in the black trim panel that covers the floor heater output and the kick panels, and put them on a switch. If I drop something, I can just reach down and flip on the switch, and see where the heck it went down there.

I also put a set of the green ones in the cup holder area in the console, to illuminate the cup holder area. I taped off the type as they are really bright up that high in green.

In my gallery in the interior album I have pictures of the cup holder area LEDS. They look white, but they are the green ones.

Good luck

Old 01-06-2005, 10:53 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the link and the idea's; your assistance is most appreciated.

Quick Reply: Lights in footwell