SuperCrew

Insearch of the perfect speaker box

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2005, 02:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Insearch of the perfect speaker box

HaHa!! ain't that a good one! anyway I would really like to have a box that goes behind the rear seat but i havent' seen any that i dont' have to remove the panel for. and if i do have to remove the panel what do i do then.... that seems unfinished to me. Ultimately i'd like to install 2 12" (i'll settle for 10") and an amp behind the seat and keep the install complete any suggestions? I did a search but didn't turn up much. thanks fellas.

Old 01-04-2005, 05:21 PM
I like my setup, although you may be looking for a little more bass than me. Check out my gallery for some pics.

-Craig

Old 01-05-2005, 08:21 AM
I thought about the thunderform but i would "like" to be able to fold down my rear seat. I travel abit and have an English Bulldog, His kennel fits nicely when the seats are folded down but i'll have to keep the thunderform an option. I assume it is a 10"? How does it sound? I'm not looking for alot of bass just "the right amount" HaHa! Just something to give me a little rumble.

Old 01-05-2005, 10:19 AM
Yes, it's a 10". I think it sounds really nice, especially for its size. It's much louder than I thought it would be and I usually keep it turned down about halfway. The only downside is that the driver side rear seat won't fold down completely anymore. The passenger side rear seat still retains full function though.

-Craig

Old 01-07-2005, 10:16 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
How about a Bazooka Tube? They have a quick disconnect harness and are held down with straps for easy removal. I am shopping from my second one now.

Old 01-07-2005, 11:09 PM
good idea, I was looking for something that looks like it might belong there though. but that gives me another option. thanks.

Old 01-08-2005, 02:41 PM
Link to gallery

Check out my gallery to see what I installed. That is an 8" Kicker CompVR and it rocks with the 150 watt Kicker amp. I might be willing to part with it if you are interested in something similar or I can give you an idea of what it would cost new. Pretty affordable solution to a vastly improved sound system.

Trending Topics

Old 01-08-2005, 04:19 PM
To be able to fold your rear seats down, you'd most likely have to get a custom install behind the seats. I've seen several and actually thinking of going this route myself

Old 01-08-2005, 06:16 PM
Thanks anyway but i think i'll be going the custom route. Eric any ideas???

Old 01-09-2005, 03:40 PM
Brahmus,

You have a couple of options depending on how much cash you wanna spend. If you want to do it yourself, check out My Photo Gallery and see what I did w/my '03 SCrew.

I built all the panels and sub box myself...which BTW you can get Plans for the Box on my website. It fits a 10" nicely.

Alternatively, if you don't have the time or skills to DIY and want something off-the-shelf, then check out SuperCrewSound.com. They used to have a Dual Sub kit called the Back Seat Driver and it came w/ an optional back panel as well.

Old 01-09-2005, 03:52 PM
Tony i saw supercrewsound.com a while back but they don't have the back panel anymore, but that is what i'm looking for. Maybe even just on 10 or 12 and use the other half for mounting amp and cap. Did you cut your rear panel and carpet it? What ever i do i do not want it under my seat, i need them to fold down.

Old 01-09-2005, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by brahmus
Tony i saw supercrewsound.com a while back but they don't have the back panel anymore, but that is what i'm looking for. Maybe even just on 10 or 12 and use the other half for mounting amp and cap. Did you cut your rear panel and carpet it? What ever i do i do not want it under my seat, i need them to fold down.
No, my back panel is safely stored "in one piece" in my attic for swap out back to "stock" if I ever need to. I made the trim piece that goes from window to about 1/2 way down w/ some 1/4" foam board that I picked up at a local crafts store. Just sprayed some adhesive on it and put carpet over them. I taped the foam boards together w/ Aluminum Tape. The rest of the back panel where the amps are mounted is made out of 3/4" lumber alos covered w/ automotive carpet that I picked up at Pepboys.

Tony

Last edited by TonyPTX; 01-09-2005 at 04:17 PM.
Old 01-11-2005, 12:57 AM
Try the Moose

Hi. I got a box from a place in florida, Moose music or Music Moose, somthing like that. Do some web searching. They made be a custom under seat box for my 12" rockford, it POUNDS.

I would stay far far away from Supercrew sound, took 8 weeks to get the wrong box twice from them.

Patrick

Old 01-11-2005, 08:19 AM
Re: Try the Moose

Originally posted by texasbikers
stay far far away from Supercrew sound,
Patrick
Thanks for the heads up. It looks like i'll be trying to make a custom setup work and have it glassed thanks guys.

Quick Reply: Insearch of the perfect speaker box